Review: could Simvastatin cause Tremors (Tremor)?
Summary: Tremors is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 77,477 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,000 have Tremors. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremors and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Tremors >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 80,812 users)
Tremors (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Tremors 60,991 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 77,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 960 people (1.24%) have Tremors.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Tremors * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tremors when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Tremors when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremors ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (115 people, 11.98%)
- Depression (100 people, 10.42%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (74 people, 7.71%)
- Anxiety (72 people, 7.50%)
- Sleep disorder (61 people, 6.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (307 people, 31.98%)
- Lisinopril (152 people, 15.83%)
- Atenolol (133 people, 13.85%)
- Omeprazole (128 people, 13.33%)
- Furosemide (100 people, 10.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tremors while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Tremors
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of what could be going on at this point, I am suspicious of the simvastatin affecting my liver but am not sure because of the long time I have been using it and not experiencing any problem until now
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I had to be taught everything over again. I had intense therapy. Physical, speech, cognitive, etc. It was over a year before I caught swallow soft food under supervision. Over a year before I was able to learn how to transfer from my bed to a wheelchair. I lost over 2 years of my life. I am now still recovery but I do have a quality of life that they told me I would never have. I was 2 weeks before my 60 birthday and the only drug I every took was Simvastian. Which was a very common drug I thought was harmless. My story was even published in my local newspaper.
CAN WE FORM A CLASS ACTION SUIT???
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay my bills.
After a long period of waiting to settle my workmens' comp. case, I returned home, from the Bat Area back to Arizona to take of my mother with a yet un dianosed case of moderate dementia.
Then, in 2011 I had a 2nd surgery to relieve spinal stenosis btwn. L2-L4, just above the fusion site.
I've been taking methadone since early 2004, a little over ten years, now. I've had high blood pressure since my injury.
Now, I waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy, with my father having had polyps and the way I've been feeling..drained, tired all the time, and stomach pains ( in addition to my chronic low back pain), I...
find myself wondering if there is any relationtionship between the methadone and other meds and cancer?
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in 2012 and had a hip scope in May 2014 for Femoral Acetabular Impingement. The recovery time was pleasant. However about a month ago the pain in the same left hip became worse and X Rays taken yesterday reveal avascular necrosis of the same left femoral head.
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
More questions for: Simvastatin, Tremors
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it in 36 hours and this morning I am still feeling this way.I am also on 4mg's of suboxone perscribed 3 times a day but I dont always take the 3rd one.
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on track. It seems like every time I try these pills I get pushed off course. Anyways here's my experience with pristiq. Day1) dilation ofpupils was noticed with in a few hours, it started to feel like I was on sshrooms....I'd look in the mirror and feel so much love...just stand there staring. I slept better than I did in months. Day 2) Sadly though, when I woke up I couldn't climax, it was like I was numb. My pupils were still dilated and I still felt an out pouring of love and admiration while looking at myself. I tried hard not to fixate and get ready for work. I noticed that my tummy wasn't bloated anymore, I hadn't felt this much releaf in months. As I took my daily 50mg I reassured myself that it was ok not to climax in favor of all the good things I'm feeling now. Pristiq didn't interfere with my routine other than climaxing. Day 3) I awoke well rested with a happy tummy and it didn't bother me a bit not to climax, I jumped out of bed and started my day with vigor. The moment I took my dose and left the house is the last thing I remember! From what I wrote in my calendar, the notes I took, and my phone history I can piece together the things I did for 7 more days!!! I went to work, but my coworker was on holidays so it was just me alone in the office, I have no family or friends in this country (I moved to get away from a bad situation, hence cptsd) anyways I had no interaction. The only thing that brought me out was probably that I stopped taking the medication on day7 (According to the amount of medication left)....it's taken 14 more days to get out of the pristiq fog. During that time I've experienced nightly vivid dreams/ nightmares, extreme sweating and high body temperature, my stomach discomfort fluctuates but I can control it through diet, I'm able to climax again though it takes time, my pupils returned to normal a few days after I returned to myself...I seem to have memory impairment.
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with me.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Tremors
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- had 1 MRI 1 ct on head, awaiting 2nd MRI concentrating on tmj,
had menorrhagia for 2 yrs tried various hormone pills and no change. Had marina coil and clamavil since July 2014 still having periods with clots,
have osteopenia too. T5 T6 diminished in spine,
TMJ much worse when menstruating and m ...
- Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
- I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Tremors
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.