Home > Simvastatin > Tremors > Simvastatin and Tremors
Review: could Simvastatin cause Tremors (Tremor)?
Summary: Tremors is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 77,462 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,000 have Tremors. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremors and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Tremors >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,798 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Tremors (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) (latest reports from 405,578 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 77,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 960 people (1.24%) have Tremors.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Tremors * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tremors when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Tremors when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremors ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (115 people, 11.98%)
- Depression (100 people, 10.42%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (74 people, 7.71%)
- Anxiety (72 people, 7.50%)
- Sleep disorder (61 people, 6.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (307 people, 31.98%)
- Lisinopril (152 people, 15.83%)
- Atenolol (133 people, 13.85%)
- Omeprazole (128 people, 13.33%)
- Furosemide (100 people, 10.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tremors while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Tremors
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Coma, Aneurysm In The Brain, and takes Simvastatin)
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
(Asked by a 44 year old man who has Necrosis Ischaemic, and takes Beconase Aq, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Simvastatin, Serevent)
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
More questions for: Simvastatin, Tremors
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Tremors, Cant Focus For A Period Of Time, Hearing Voices, and takes Valium)
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has High Cholestral, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, and takes Simvastatin, Prednisolone)
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Simvastatin side effects
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Ringing In Both Ears, Hand Pain And Cramping In Both Hands, Extreme Red Face, and takes Simvastatin)
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Tremors
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Panic Attacks. The patient has Breast Pain, Hair Loss, Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: urinary tract infections began within the last year and occur every 2 months
hair loss and breast pain began about 2 years ago
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Wrinkles, Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands)
Comments: When I walk I have slap foot
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol Valerate, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Ramipril, Aminophyllin for a patient with Menorrhagia, Chd, Tmj Disorders. The patient has Menorrhagia, Tmj Disorders
Comments: had 1 MRI 1 ct on head, awaiting 2nd MRI concentrating on tmj,
had menorrhagia for 2 yrs tried various hormone pills and no change. Had marina coil and clamavil since July 2014 still having periods with clots,
have osteopenia too. T5 T6 diminished in spine,
TMJ much worse when menstruating and m ...
- A study of side effects of Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
Comments: Taking zoloft 50 mg and protonix 40
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Tremors
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.