Review: could Simvastatin cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,477 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,894 Simvastatin users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,291 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 1,533 people (1.98%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||25.45%||21.82%||3.64%||3.64%||14.55%||10.91%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Simvastatin * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.14%||1.81%||3.25%||22.17%||72.64% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (208 people, 13.57%)
- Diabetes mellitus (145 people, 9.46%)
- Pain (136 people, 8.87%)
- Depression (136 people, 8.87%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (123 people, 8.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (496 people, 32.35%)
- Lisinopril (292 people, 19.05%)
- Furosemide (263 people, 17.16%)
- Metformin hcl (251 people, 16.37%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (232 people, 15.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Ramipril, Simvastatin for a 88-year old man with Heart Disease, Heart Disease - Aging. The patient has Open Heart Surgery
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Yellow Watery Chronic Diarhea
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.