Review: could Sinemet cause Anxiety and stress (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety and stress is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Mirapex, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 10,445 people who have side effects while taking Sinemet from FDA and social media. Among them, 387 have Anxiety and stress. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and stress and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sinemet and have Anxiety and stress >>>
Sinemet has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 11,053 Sinemet users)
Anxiety and stress
Anxiety and stress has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 195,859 Anxiety and stress patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 10,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet. Among them, 387 people (3.71%) have Anxiety And Stress.
Time on Sinemet when people have Anxiety and stress * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anxiety and stress||16.67%||27.78%||2.78%||30.56%||19.44%||0.00%||2.78% |
Gender of people who have Anxiety and stress when taking Sinemet * :
|Anxiety and stress||51.19%||48.81% |
Age of people who have Anxiety and stress when taking Sinemet * :
|Anxiety and stress||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.35%||2.08%||17.99%||16.26%||63.32% |
Severity of Anxiety and stress when taking Sinemet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anxiety and stress||0.00%||42.86%||57.14%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Anxiety and stress ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Anxiety and stress||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (282 people, 72.87%)
- Depression (122 people, 31.52%)
- Pain (95 people, 24.55%)
- Restless legs syndrome (85 people, 21.96%)
- Anxiety (81 people, 20.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mirapex (292 people, 75.45%)
- Sinemet cr (165 people, 42.64%)
- Requip (160 people, 41.34%)
- Klonopin (133 people, 34.37%)
- Ambien (121 people, 31.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sinemet and anxiety and stress on
Do you have Anxiety And Stress while taking Sinemet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sinemet and have Anxiety And Stress
- support group for people who take Sinemet
- support group for people who have Anxiety and stress
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 45-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Thoughts - Cloudy (thoughts are becoming confusing), Excessive Skin, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned) (sleeplessness), Jitters (to make someone nervous or frightened), Depression, Anxiety
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 28-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Change In Appetite, Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood), Change In Mentrual Cycle, Headache (pain in head), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Amantadine Hydrochloride, Sinemet for a 67-year old woman with Parkinson's Plus Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Diarerra, Mirapex
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fluoxetine, Methyldopa, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 32-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Mood Stabilizer, Hypertension, Depression, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Thoughts - Cloudy, Tiredness, Short-term Memory Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Hostility, Anger
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 68-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Recent Sinemet related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect, Neupro for a 61-year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.