Sinemet and Dental caries - from FDA reports
Dental caries is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer. This review analyzes which people have Dental caries with Sinemet. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,043 people who have side effects when taking Sinemet from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 04, 2017
14,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet.
Among them, 59 people (0.42%) have Dental caries
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dental caries when taking Sinemet *:
- female: 69.49 %
- male: 30.51 %
Age of people who have Dental caries when taking Sinemet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 1.85 %
- 60+: 75.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (21 people, 35.59%)
- Metastases To Bone (21 people, 35.59%)
- Chemotherapy (21 people, 35.59%)
- Breast Cancer (21 people, 35.59%)
- Osteopenia (18 people, 30.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (36 people, 61.02%)
- Taxotere (35 people, 59.32%)
- Herceptin (34 people, 57.63%)
- Cytoxan (33 people, 55.93%)
- Tamoxifen Citrate (26 people, 44.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tooth Extraction (39 people, 66.10%)
- Tooth Disorder (38 people, 64.41%)
- Swelling (36 people, 61.02%)
- Pain (36 people, 61.02%)
- Bone Disorder (36 people, 61.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dental caries when taking Sinemet?
- Check symptoms - is dental caries caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDental caries and drugs with ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDental caries and Sinemet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sinemet has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Sinemet 15,135 users)
Dental caries has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, metastases to bone, pain (latest reports from 11,387 Dental caries patients).
Browse all side effects of Sinemeta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dental cariesDental caries
Could your condition cause Dental cariesDental caries
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have had continuous days of drowsiness. The doctors have ran all kinds of tests on me from MRI, CT Scan, EEG and nothing has been found. I was in the hospital for almost a week as I was only staying awake for an hour a day. I was prescribed Sinemet for restless leg and have been taking it ...
Hi I'm 68, male and live in London. I am recently diagnosed with thrombocytopenia and have been taking Sinemet with Ropinerole for two years. Prior to that I took only Ropinerole. (For PD). I strongly suspect that the thrombocytopenia and Sinemet are linked but my doctors are sceptical. I have ...
I am on 40mg methadone daily and have been diagnosed with Parkinsons so Neurologist has prescribed Sinemet. I am concerned there will be side effects and worried it will stop methadone from working. I would be grateful if anyone can let me know what I am in for AND if there will be side ...