Home > Sinemet > Dyskinesia > Sinemet and Dyskinesia
Review: could Sinemet cause Dyskinesia?
We study 10,436 people who have side effects while taking Sinemet from FDA and social media. Among them, 423 have Dyskinesia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dyskinesia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sinemet and have Dyskinesia >>>
Sinemet (latest outcomes from 11,043 users) has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease.
Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement) (latest reports from 89,965 patients) has been reported by people with depression, parkinson's disease, pain, gastrointestinal disorder, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 10,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet. Among them, 423 people (4.05%) have Dyskinesia.
Time on Sinemet when people have Dyskinesia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dyskinesia when taking Sinemet * :
Age of people who have Dyskinesia when taking Sinemet * :
Severity of Dyskinesia when taking Sinemet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dyskinesia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (257 people, 60.76%)
- Depression (41 people, 9.69%)
- Dyskinesia (19 people, 4.49%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 4.02%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 3.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sinemet cr (117 people, 27.66%)
- Comtan (101 people, 23.88%)
- Tasmar (86 people, 20.33%)
- Mirapex (70 people, 16.55%)
- Requip (64 people, 15.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dyskinesia while taking Sinemet?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sinemet and have Dyskinesia
- support group for people who take Sinemet
- support group for people who have Dyskinesia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- I have tried several meds for my rls. first i tried mirapex , then gabapentin and now on sinemet
Have tried ropiranole type drugs, Mirapex, went to gabapentin, now on Sinemet Cr. Feeling depressed, gaining weight, and not getting relief thru the night. Take trazodone to finally get sleep. Worried about side effects of Sinemet CR 25/100 need to take 2 or 3 at night to get relief. Also taking ...
- I have night episodes of binge eating without hunger
I have Parkinson Disease diagnosed 4 years ago. It seems to be a slow developing PD since my symptoms have increased very little or nothing in all these years. I have a serious condition of insomnia, I get asleep very soon but awake many times during the night (6 or 7 times), I have been Rx sever ...
More questions for: Sinemet, Dyskinesia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Sinemet, Dyskinesia
On eHealthMe, Sinemet (carbidopa; levodopa) is often used for parkinson's disease. Find out below the conditions Sinemet is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Sinemet used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Sinemet, Dyskinesia
Recent Sinemet related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Sinemet, Dyskinesia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (49 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Helicobacter Pylori Associated Gastrointestinal Disease
- Eosinophilic Pneumonia
- Completed Suicide
- Peritoneal Cloudy Effluent