Home > Sinemet > Restless leg syndrome > Sinemet and Restless leg syndrome
Review: could Sinemet cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Requip, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 10,436 people who have side effects while taking Sinemet from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sinemet and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Sinemet (latest outcomes from 11,043 users) has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease.
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 16,008 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 10,436 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet. Among them, 72 people (0.69%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Sinemet when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet * :
|Restless leg syndrome||54.22%||45.78% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.72%||5.17%||41.38%||51.72% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (33 people, 45.83%)
- Restless legs syndrome (33 people, 45.83%)
- Sleep disorder (20 people, 27.78%)
- Depression (16 people, 22.22%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 20.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (41 people, 56.94%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 43.06%)
- Depakote (20 people, 27.78%)
- Lipitor (19 people, 26.39%)
- Mirapex (18 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Sinemet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sinemet and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Sinemet
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can prolia cause parkinson?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait, and takes Sinemet)
Parkinson appeared to my mother after few time since 1st. Injection of Prolia, 2 years ago had the 2d. These are the patologies she has, and the drugs she takes:
- Bronchial asthma. - Hiatus hernia. Hashimoto -tiroiditis with hypo- and hyperthyroidism. - Bronchiectasis. - Nasal polyps. - Anxiety. - ...
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Stress And Anxiety, Muscular-Skeletal Pain, Mononucleosis, Rash Around Tic-bite, Circular Ring On Skin, Tick Bite, ADD, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression - Chronic, Lifelong Migraines, Lifelong Cognition Problems, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Imitrex, Paxil, Sinemet)
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
More questions for: Sinemet, Restless leg syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance)
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Sinemet, Restless leg syndrome
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Comtan, Mirapex, Sinemet for a patient with Anxiety, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Jitters
Comments: I get the jitters after my 2nd - 5th dose of medicine. Never during the night when my meds are worn off or never after my first dose in the morning. Sometimes lorazepam gets rid of the jitters and sometimes they last for hours even using lorazepam.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of side effects of Primidone for a patient with Tremor - Essential. The patient has Tremor - Essential (a neurological disorder whose most recognizable feature is a tremor of the arms or hands during voluntary movements such as eating), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Comments: 2007.Roprinirole for restless leg syndrome. Propranolol for Periodic Limb Movement. 2013. Essential Tremor - incease Propranolol from 40 mg/day to 80 mg/day. Effective to summer 2014. RX Primidone 50 mg/day. Very effective 21 days. Nightmares after 14 days. Today, day 21, hysterical weeping reacti ...
- A study of side effects of Hydroxyzine for a patient with Panic Disorder. The patient has Restlessness (not able to rest), Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Comments: This drug does not help a person with social anxiety and or panic disorder. I was tired for the first couple of days but couldn't sleep due to restless leg. Now, after three weeks of taking it, I'm up til 2am. Does not help me sleep. I feel restless and tired/awake.
More related studies for: Sinemet, Restless leg syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.