Review: could Sinemet cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Requip, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 10,445 people who have side effects while taking Sinemet from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sinemet and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Sinemet has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 11,053 Sinemet users)
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless leg syndrome patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 10,445 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet. Among them, 72 people (0.69%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Sinemet when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet * :
|Restless leg syndrome||54.22%||45.78% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.72%||5.17%||41.38%||51.72% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (33 people, 45.83%)
- Restless legs syndrome (33 people, 45.83%)
- Sleep disorder (20 people, 27.78%)
- Depression (16 people, 22.22%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 20.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (41 people, 56.94%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 43.06%)
- Depakote (20 people, 27.78%)
- Lipitor (19 people, 26.39%)
- Mirapex (18 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sinemet and restless leg syndrome on
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Sinemet?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sinemet and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Sinemet
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Crestor, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Cymbalta, Azilect for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Seditive, Anxiety, High Colesteral, Synthectic Dopamine For Parkinson Disease, Used For Nerve Pain Above Knees (both Legs), /worls With Existing Dopamine In The Brain. The patient has Shortness In Breath And Halucinations
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 32-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
Recent Sinemet related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.