Home > Sinemet > Restless leg syndrome > Sinemet and Restless leg syndrome
Review: could Sinemet cause Restless leg syndrome?
We study 10,436 people who have side effects while taking Sinemet from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Sinemet and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Sinemet (latest outcomes from 11,043 users) has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease.
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 67,414 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 10,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet. Among them, 72 people (0.69%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Sinemet when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet * :
|Restless leg syndrome||54.22%||45.78% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.72%||5.17%||41.38%||51.72% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Sinemet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (33 people, 45.83%)
- Restless legs syndrome (33 people, 45.83%)
- Sleep disorder (20 people, 27.78%)
- Depression (16 people, 22.22%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 20.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (41 people, 56.94%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 43.06%)
- Depakote (20 people, 27.78%)
- Lipitor (19 people, 26.39%)
- Mirapex (18 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Sinemet?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sinemet and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Sinemet
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
Day 2 of two 10mg/day. Restless after dosing.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
hammertoes, great difficulty walking
From this study (3 weeks ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
More questions for: Sinemet, Restless leg syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Sinemet, Restless leg syndrome
On eHealthMe, Sinemet (carbidopa; levodopa) is often used for parkinson's disease. Find out below the conditions Sinemet is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Sinemet used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (23 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (39 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (25 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Fontanelles Sunken
- Lochia Malodorous
- Respiratory Sighs
- Acne Cosmetica
- Csf Polymorphonuclear Cell Count Increased