Review: could Sinemet cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mirapex, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 10,444 people who have side effects while taking Sinemet from FDA and social media. Among them, 196 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sinemet and have Stomach upset >>>
Sinemet has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 11,051 Sinemet users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, quit smoking. (latest reports from 142,475 Stomach upset patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 10,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet. Among them, 196 people (1.88%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Sinemet when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||80.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Sinemet * :
|Stomach upset||68.04%||31.96% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Sinemet * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.08%||1.08%||6.49%||16.76%||74.59% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Sinemet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (73 people, 37.24%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 12.24%)
- Pain (18 people, 9.18%)
- Depression (18 people, 9.18%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 7.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mirapex (34 people, 17.35%)
- Sinemet cr (29 people, 14.80%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 14.80%)
- Lisinopril (27 people, 13.78%)
- Vitamin d (27 people, 13.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Sinemet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sinemet and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Sinemet
- support group for people who have Stomach upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 42-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Upset Stomach, Dead Bowel (decreased supply of oxygenated blood to the intestines cause tissue cell death)
- A study of drug interactions between Amantadine Hydrochloride, Sinemet for a 67-year old woman with Parkinson's Plus Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Diarerra, Mirapex
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Ativan, Seroquel, Lamictal, Trileptal for a 65-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vertigo, Vomiting, Nausea, Ataxia, Double Vision
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 41-year old woman with Bee Sting. The patient has Vomiting
Recent Sinemet related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect, Neupro for a 61-year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.