Sinemet and Stomach upset - from FDA reports
Stomach upset is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Stomach upset with Sinemet. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,043 people who have side effects when taking Sinemet from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
14,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet.
Among them, 88 people (0.63%) have Stomach upset
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Sinemet when people have Stomach upset *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Sinemet *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Sinemet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.54 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.31 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 78.46 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (12 people, 13.64%)
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 11.36%)
- Insomnia (9 people, 10.23%)
- Hypothyroidism (9 people, 10.23%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (8 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (16 people, 18.18%)
- Mirapex (15 people, 17.05%)
- Nexium (14 people, 15.91%)
- Toprol-Xl (13 people, 14.77%)
- Ambien (13 people, 14.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (31 people, 35.23%)
- Fatigue (23 people, 26.14%)
- Dizziness (22 people, 25.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (21 people, 23.86%)
- Constipation (20 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Stomach upset when taking Sinemet?
- Check symptoms - is stomach upset caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsStomach upset and drugs with ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStomach upset and Sinemet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sinemet has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Sinemet 15,135 users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 86,781 Stomach upset patients).
Browse all side effects of Sinemeta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Stomach upsetStomach upset
Could your condition cause Stomach upsetStomach upset
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I suffer the Parkinson disease and I would try the cannabidiol to see if they improve some of the discomfort associated with the disease. The concret question is if I can take Sinemet and Azilect WITH cannabidiol in a regular form.
User reviews to the study
I am 75 and have started experiencing bronchospasm following dyspepsia. I could not catch my breath last night and it is the first time I have felt I would die imminently. I made myself try to relax which was not easy , facing suffocation. Eventually i caught my breath . My husband was out of ...
Hi, I have been on hydroxyurea for about 18 years and constantly have indigestion but without acid reflux, does anyone else have this happen to them ?. If so what do you take to help with the symptoms. Would appreciate any feedback back. Cheers Debbie
I have had continuous days of drowsiness. The doctors have ran all kinds of tests on me from MRI, CT Scan, EEG and nothing has been found. I was in the hospital for almost a week as I was only staying awake for an hour a day. I was prescribed Sinemet for restless leg and have been taking it ...