Review: could Sinequan cause Atrial fibrillation/flutter?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation/flutter is reported only by a few people who take Sinequan.
We study 1,308 people who have side effects while taking Sinequan from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation/flutter and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sinequan and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter >>>
Sinequan has active ingredients of doxepin hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 1,362 Sinequan users)
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 86,681 Atrial fibrillation/flutter patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 1,308 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinequan. Among them, 4 people (0.31%) have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter.
Time on Sinequan when people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter * :
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Sinequan * :
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Sinequan * :
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Sinequan ** :
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation/flutter ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 25.00%)
- Diuretic effect (1 people, 25.00%)
- Ventricular dysfunction (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (2 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Potassium chloride (1 people, 25.00%)
- Tussionex (1 people, 25.00%)
- Zinc (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Sinequan and atrial fibrillation/flutter on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter while taking Sinequan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sinequan and have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- support group for people who take Sinequan
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Acebutolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Afib. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles)
- A study of side effects of Pradaxa for a 69-year old woman with Spotting. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim, Tikosyn for a 76-year old man with Urinary Tract Infection, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Atrial Flutter
Recent Sinequan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Xolair, Doxepin Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman who has Unidentified Hives
- Comparions of Zoloft, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Anafranil for a 47-year old man who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Remeron, Silenor, Zyprexa, Seroquel for a 47-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.