Review: could Sinequan cause Atrial fibrillation/flutter?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation/flutter is reported only by a few people who take Sinequan.
We study 1,308 people who have side effects while taking Sinequan from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation/flutter and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sinequan and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter >>>
Sinequan has active ingredients of doxepin hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Sinequan 1,362 users)
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Atrial fibrillation/flutter 84,051 patients)
On Dec, 20, 2014: 1,308 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinequan. Among them, 4 people (0.31%) have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter.
Time on Sinequan when people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter * :
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Sinequan * :
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Sinequan * :
|Atrial fibrillation/flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Sinequan ** :
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation/flutter ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 25.00%)
- Diuretic effect (1 people, 25.00%)
- Ventricular dysfunction (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (2 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Potassium chloride (1 people, 25.00%)
- Tussionex (1 people, 25.00%)
- Zinc (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter while taking Sinequan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sinequan and have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- support group for people who take Sinequan
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter)
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related?
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
More questions for: Sinequan, Atrial fibrillation/flutter
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has A-fib)
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Levitra)
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Sinequan, Atrial fibrillation/flutter
- A study of drug interactions between Poison Tobacco, Cannabis for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Atrial fibrillation trigger by panic attack recently after smoking a medium-moderate amount of cannabis mixed with tobacco
No A-fib after use has been discontinued
No panic attacks after use discontinued
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Claritin, Hydroxyzine, Zyrtec, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Hives, Major Depression. The patient has Major Depression, Hives
Comments: Venlafaxine was started for major depression and anti-anxiety. Hives broke out 6 months after begin date of Venlafaxine. Allergist has prescribed/recommended the rest of the anti-histamine drugs. Hives and depression still linger.
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Atenolol, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Pristiq for a patient with HTN, Sleep Aid, Mdd. The patient has
Comments: History of HTN for about 10 years. Had not needed diuretic. Annual labs were done, and normal until the last test. GFR had dropped from 75 to 35. Creatinine and BUN were likewise elevated. Renal US was done and negative. Patient is 61" and 260#. Healthy except HTN and obesity. Is not diabeti ...
- A study of side effects of Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
Comments: After 30 years on brand Lipitor without incident, I tried atorvastatin (generic) 3 weeks ago and began to notice a slight heart flutter. Last week, I experienced an hour of intense heart palpitations and ended up in the emergency room. The cardiologist at the hospital increased my metropolol to tw ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, Warfarin Sodium, Simvastatin, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Hyperthyroidism, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Levothyroxine commenced first. Bisoprolol and simvastatin commenced when apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy diagnosed. Lisinopril commenced at that time also, but removed within 6 mths. Warfarin commenced at first episode of atrial fibrillation. Cardio version carried out and repeated further 2 tim ...
More related studies for: Sinequan, Atrial fibrillation/flutter
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.