Review: could Singulair cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Symbicort, and have Asthma.
We study 41,239 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Singulair and have Acne >>>
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 42,900 Singulair users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 33,138 Acne patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 41,239 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 63 people (0.15%) have Acne.
Time on Singulair when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Singulair * :
Age of people who have Acne when taking Singulair * :
Severity of Acne when taking Singulair ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Acne ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (25 people, 39.68%)
- Acne (13 people, 20.63%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 6.35%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 4.76%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (3 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Symbicort (15 people, 23.81%)
- Accutane (13 people, 20.63%)
- Qvar 40 (10 people, 15.87%)
- Omalizumab (10 people, 15.87%)
- Nasonex (9 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of singulair and acne on
Do you have Acne while taking Singulair?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Acne
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
- A study of side effects of Paracetamol for a 25-year old woman with Headache. The patient has Stomach Pain, Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples), Headache (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Singulair related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Montelukast Sodium for a 33-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Montelukast Sodium, Singulair for a 18-year old boy who has Allergy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.