Review: could Singulair cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Symbicort, and have Asthma.
We study 41,245 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Singulair and have Acne >>>
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 42,906 Singulair users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 33,138 Acne patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 41,245 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 63 people (0.15%) have Acne.
Time on Singulair when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Singulair * :
Age of people who have Acne when taking Singulair * :
Severity of Acne when taking Singulair ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Acne ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (25 people, 39.68%)
- Acne (13 people, 20.63%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 6.35%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 4.76%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (3 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Symbicort (15 people, 23.81%)
- Accutane (13 people, 20.63%)
- Qvar 40 (10 people, 15.87%)
- Omalizumab (10 people, 15.87%)
- Nasonex (9 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of singulair and acne on
Do you have Acne while taking Singulair?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Acne
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a 4-year old boy with Multiple Allergies. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Singulair for a 6-year old girl with Constipation, Asthma.
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Singulair, Estradiol, Losartan for a 48-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Iga Deficiency, Asthma, Hysterectomy, Hypertension. The patient has Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Singulair related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.