Singulair and Atrial fibrillation/flutter - from FDA reports
Atrial fibrillation/flutter is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter with Singulair. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 66,613 people who have side effects when taking Singulair from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
66,613 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair.
Among them, 745 people (1.12%) have Atrial fibrillation/flutter
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Singulair when people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter *:
- < 1 month: 32.43 %
- 1 - 6 months: 32.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.51 %
- 5 - 10 years: 18.92 %
- 10+ years: 2.7 %
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Singulair *:
- female: 53.26 %
- male: 46.74 %
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Singulair *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.1 %
- 20-29: 0.47 %
- 30-39: 1.1 %
- 40-49: 5.8 %
- 50-59: 13.48 %
- 60+: 78.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (56 people, 7.52%)
- Pain (53 people, 7.11%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (53 people, 7.11%)
- Diabetes (38 people, 5.10%)
- Osteoporosis (35 people, 4.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (201 people, 26.98%)
- Digoxin (151 people, 20.27%)
- Albuterol (144 people, 19.33%)
- Coumadin (142 people, 19.06%)
- Prednisone (141 people, 18.93%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (171 people, 22.95%)
- Pneumonia (167 people, 22.42%)
- Pain (165 people, 22.15%)
- Fatigue (163 people, 21.88%)
- Weakness (150 people, 20.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Singulair?
- Check symptoms - is atrial fibrillation/flutter caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 67,897 users)
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 174,349 Atrial fibrillation/flutter patients).