Home > Singulair > Chest pain > Singulair and Chest pain
Review: could Singulair cause Chest pain?
We study 41,189 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,050 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Singulair and have Chest pain >>>
Singulair (latest outcomes from 42,848 users) has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma.
Chest pain (latest reports from 928,051 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 41,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 2,050 people (4.98%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Singulair when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||34.74%||37.37%||2.11%||12.11%||7.37%||6.32%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Singulair * :
|Chest pain||78.52%||21.48% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Singulair * :
|Chest pain||0.05%||2.03%||4.98%||5.61%||11.32%||21.72%||24.00%||30.29% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Singulair ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||0.00%||69.23%||30.77%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (763 people, 37.22%)
- Hypersensitivity (155 people, 7.56%)
- Depression (148 people, 7.22%)
- Hypertension (120 people, 5.85%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (106 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (506 people, 24.68%)
- Aspirin (341 people, 16.63%)
- Prednisone (301 people, 14.68%)
- Zyrtec (254 people, 12.39%)
- Lasix (247 people, 12.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Singulair?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
I have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, history of clots in lung & legs, blockage in legs (had fempop 2 yrs ago), asthma & w/o warning while sitting down all of a sudden I got a severe headache, then about 30 min late got severe nausea (but didn't vomit)chest pain & mild dizziness followed so I took my BP and it was 170/93 P 64 then 164/100 P 70. This has happen several times in the same amount of weeks
From this study (2 years ago):
Merck denys that this is a side effect of the medication, CVS does not list it as a side effect on theri insert, however Caremark lists it as a seious one on their consumer insert. Doctor sent me for a Catherization before I figured out the chest pain might be coming from the Singulair.
From this study (5 years ago):
can't stand it anymore,all these meds and nothing helps....too many meds, no cure and getting all side effects......
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Singulair, Chest pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Chest pain while on yasmin
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
More reviews for: Singulair, Chest pain
On eHealthMe, Singulair (montelukast sodium) is often used for asthma. Find out below the conditions Singulair is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Singulair used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (54 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis
- Caduet (pfizer) Eq 5mg Base;eq 10mg Base
- Orapred Odt (medicis) Eq 15mg Base
- Orapred Odt Medicis Eq 15mg Base
- Xifaxan (salix Pharms) 200mg