Review: could Singulair cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Albuterol, and have Asthma.
We study 41,207 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,051 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Singulair and have Chest pain >>>
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 42,869 users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Chest pain 136,288 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 41,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 2,051 people (4.98%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Singulair when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||34.55%||37.17%||2.09%||12.04%||7.85%||6.28%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Singulair * :
|Chest pain||78.48%||21.52% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Singulair * :
|Chest pain||0.05%||2.03%||4.98%||5.61%||11.32%||21.76%||23.98%||30.27% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Singulair ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||0.00%||71.43%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||16.67%||0.00%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (764 people, 37.25%)
- Hypersensitivity (155 people, 7.56%)
- Depression (148 people, 7.22%)
- Hypertension (120 people, 5.85%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (106 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (506 people, 24.67%)
- Aspirin (341 people, 16.63%)
- Prednisone (301 people, 14.68%)
- Zyrtec (254 people, 12.38%)
- Lasix (247 people, 12.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Singulair?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can the use of triamcinolone ointment on the eyelids, nose, and side of mouth cause headache, uneven heartbeat and aura
Started noticing slight chest pain, small tension like headaches and auras after a year and half, did not apply everyday, maybe on average once ever week or two for a year and a half
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year? (2 answers)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- What is the cause of leg and foot pain?
Right leg pains start in the afternoon and get more painful at night.
- Can ranexa cause chest pain?
I always have Chest pain a couple of hours after taking Ranexa. It scared me when I first started taking this drug, thinking I was having a heart attack, but realized that wasn't so. the pain is very severe and seems to go right through to my back I will last up to a half an hour.
More questions for: Singulair, Chest pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK as much as it did on finesteride. Since then I take my usual 2 mg hytrin each morning and my 10 mg Singulair at night and the combo has all but done away with my prostatic hyperplasia. NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS MIT ON.
- Chest pain while on yasmin
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescribed by my OG for withdrawal bleed
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Nasalcrom caused potential anxiety attacks
I have a sinus infection that did not go away with a ten day course of Cefuroxime. I went back to the doctor and was subscribed a two week course of Cefuroxime, plus Montelukast for allergy, and NasalCrom for inflamed sinuses. Since I began the NasalCrom, I have been experiencing anxiety attacks. They have been increasing in severity over the last four days of use. The first dose today, day four, may have caused such a severe anxiety attack that I had to leave my job, return home, and function at a very low level with limited stimulus. I have not taken any more doses today and plan to contact my doctor in the morning.
- Eczema and birth control
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod creams and they only made it worse. Then, it started spreading to my arms, hands, pelvic, and breasts.
I was told by doctors and dermatologists that it is eczema and allergies. Had an allergy test done and took out products I was allergic to from my diet and products. I was given singular for the allergies and hydroxyzine for the itching but I still feel itchy and scratch all the time.
I have been vegan for 10 years, recently gluten free because of a slight allergy, I eat healthy, I stay away from everything I'm allergic to as much as possible, I wash with African black soap and moisturize 2-4 times daily with coco butter and coconut oil, I do not use perfume, I use fragrance free laundry soap and wear gloves when washing dishes. I am doing everything that is suggested but my eczema is only getting worse and spreading to my legs, neck, and face. It is so painful.
The only thing I can think of is it being correlated to birth control. I have decided to stop taking the pill and hope that it may clear up and go back to how my skin was before taking the pill.
More reviews for: Singulair, Chest pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started having chronic, severe migraines 7 months ago and they still continue. I struggle with stuffed up sinuses, especially on the right side and that is where the migraine is felt most. When my sinuses feel stuffed up, it effects my asthma.
- Given this drug at twice the recommended dose by a doctor who thought i had cough variant asthma. This drug did nothing to stop me coughing, which was the reason it was prescribed, although for the first time in a long time I did not have overly sensitive skin.
The side effects though were particu ...
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
More related studies for: Singulair, Chest pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.