Review: could Singulair cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Albuterol, and have Asthma.
We study 41,245 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,051 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Singulair and have Chest pain >>>
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 42,906 Singulair users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,865 Chest pain patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 41,245 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 2,051 people (4.97%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Singulair when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||34.55%||37.17%||2.09%||12.04%||7.85%||6.28%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Singulair * :
|Chest pain||78.48%||21.52% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Singulair * :
|Chest pain||0.05%||2.03%||4.98%||5.61%||11.32%||21.76%||23.98%||30.27% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Singulair ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||0.00%||71.43%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||16.67%||0.00%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (764 people, 37.25%)
- Hypersensitivity (155 people, 7.56%)
- Depression (148 people, 7.22%)
- Hypertension (120 people, 5.85%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (106 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (506 people, 24.67%)
- Aspirin (341 people, 16.63%)
- Prednisone (301 people, 14.68%)
- Zyrtec (254 people, 12.38%)
- Lasix (247 people, 12.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of singulair and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Singulair?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 42-year old woman with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Boniva for a 54-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Osteopenia. The patient has Dizzy, Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a 4-year old boy with Multiple Allergies. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Singulair for a 6-year old girl with Constipation, Asthma.
Recent Singulair related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.