Home > Singulair > Metallic taste > Singulair and Metallic taste
Review: could Singulair cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
We study 41,201 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 265 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Singulair and have Metallic taste >>>
Singulair (latest outcomes from 42,852 users) has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma.
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) (latest reports from 160,175 patients) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 41,201 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 265 people (0.64%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Singulair when people have Metallic taste * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Metallic taste||47.62%||19.05%||14.29%||4.76%||9.52%||4.76%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Metallic taste when taking Singulair * :
|Metallic taste||73.55%||26.45% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Singulair * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||3.69%||2.87%||3.69%||9.43%||16.39%||21.31%||42.62% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Singulair ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Metallic taste||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (88 people, 33.21%)
- Insomnia (26 people, 9.81%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (23 people, 8.68%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 5.28%)
- Pain (12 people, 4.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (67 people, 25.28%)
- Aspirin (37 people, 13.96%)
- Combivent (35 people, 13.21%)
- Spiriva (33 people, 12.45%)
- Prilosec (31 people, 11.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Singulair?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Comments from related studies:
From this study (13 months ago):
Very momentary symptoms, more like a belch.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Singulair, Metallic taste
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
More reviews for: Singulair, Metallic taste
On eHealthMe, Singulair (montelukast sodium) is often used for asthma. Find out below the conditions Singulair is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Singulair used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (46 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (46 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Decreased