Review: could Singulair cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Metallic taste is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Asthma.
We study 41,245 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 265 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Singulair and have Metallic taste >>>
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 42,900 Singulair users)
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 24,312 Metallic taste patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 41,245 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 265 people (0.64%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Singulair when people have Metallic taste * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Metallic taste||47.62%||19.05%||14.29%||4.76%||9.52%||4.76%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Metallic taste when taking Singulair * :
|Metallic taste||73.55%||26.45% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Singulair * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||3.69%||2.87%||3.69%||9.43%||16.39%||21.31%||42.62% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Singulair ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Metallic taste||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (88 people, 33.21%)
- Insomnia (26 people, 9.81%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (23 people, 8.68%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 5.28%)
- Pain (12 people, 4.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (67 people, 25.28%)
- Aspirin (37 people, 13.96%)
- Combivent (35 people, 13.21%)
- Spiriva (33 people, 12.45%)
- Prilosec (31 people, 11.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of singulair and metallic taste on
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Singulair?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol for a 22-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 27-year old woman with Folliculitis. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
Recent Singulair related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Montelukast Sodium for a 33-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Montelukast Sodium, Singulair for a 18-year old boy who has Allergy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.