Review: could Singulair cause Polyuria (Urination - excessive volume)?
Summary: Polyuria is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Asthma.
We study 41,245 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Polyuria. Find out below who they are, when they have Polyuria and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Singulair and have Polyuria >>>
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 42,906 Singulair users)
Polyuria (production of too much dilute urine) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, hiv infection, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 5,125 Polyuria patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 41,245 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair. Among them, 25 people (0.06%) have Polyuria.
Time on Singulair when people have Polyuria * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Polyuria when taking Singulair * :
Age of people who have Polyuria when taking Singulair * :
Severity of Polyuria when taking Singulair ** :
How people recovered from Polyuria ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (10 people, 40.00%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 28.00%)
- Hiv infection (5 people, 20.00%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (3 people, 12.00%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (3 people, 12.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (12 people, 48.00%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 36.00%)
- Combivent (7 people, 28.00%)
- Albuterol (7 people, 28.00%)
- Flovent (7 people, 28.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Singulair and polyuria on
Do you have Polyuria while taking Singulair?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Singulair and have Polyuria
- support group for people who take Singulair
- support group for people who have Polyuria
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Singulair for a 6-year old girl with Constipation, Asthma.
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Singulair, Estradiol, Losartan for a 48-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Iga Deficiency, Asthma, Hysterectomy, Hypertension. The patient has Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Bupropion Hydrobromide, Singulair, Flonase, Loestrin Fe 1/20 for a 33-year old woman with Daily Vit, Adrenal Suppression, Allergies, Contraception. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
Recent Singulair related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.