Review: could Skelaxin cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Skelaxin, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, also take medication Metoprolol tartrate, and have Quit smoking.
We study 5,161 people who have side effects while taking Skelaxin from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Skelaxin and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Skelaxin has active ingredients of metaxalone. It is often used in back pain - low. (latest outcomes from 5,828 Skelaxin users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 5,160 people reported to have side effects when taking Skelaxin. Among them, 20 people (0.39%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Skelaxin when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Skelaxin * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Skelaxin * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||55.56%||5.56%||27.78%||11.11% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Skelaxin ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 45.00%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 40.00%)
- Joint injury (7 people, 35.00%)
- Nasal septum deviation (7 people, 35.00%)
- Pain (4 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol tartrate (10 people, 50.00%)
- Astelin (9 people, 45.00%)
- Darvocet (9 people, 45.00%)
- Diazepam (9 people, 45.00%)
- Nexium (9 people, 45.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of skelaxin and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Skelaxin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Skelaxin and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Skelaxin
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Skelaxin, Alprazolam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Coumadin, Levaquin for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Neck Pain, Sleep Disorder, Diuretic Effect, Blood Clots, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Feeling Cold
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Clonidine, Lamotrigine, Gabapentin, Suboxone for a 38-year old man with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Depressed Mood, Withdrawal Syndrome, Mood Stabilizer, Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression Suicidal, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disturbance In Social Behaviour, Withdrawal Syndrome, Pain In Jaw, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metaxalone, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Aloe Vera, Cider Vinegar, Kelp, Vitamin B6, CoQ-10, Eliquis, Zinc Sulfate, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Spiriva, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Doxazosin Mesylate, Quinapril Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Quinapril, Turmeric, Finasteride, Flecainide Acetate, Skelaxin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man with General Symptom, Atrial Fibrillation, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Asthma Late Onset, Hypertension, Inflammation, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Osteoarthritis Generalised. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Skelaxin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Tightness. The patient has Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death)
Recent Skelaxin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Skelaxin, Viagra for a 53-year old man who has ED
- Comparions of Baclofen, Metaxalone for a 53-year old man who has Pain - Shoulder
- Comparions of Soma, Ambien, Skelaxin, Celexa, Strattera for a 52-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Skelaxin, Flexeril, Zanaflex, Baclofen, Soma for a 57-year old woman who has CFS
- Comparions of Metaxalone, Methocarbamol for a 16-year old girl who has Low Back Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.