Skelaxin and Withdrawal syndrome - from FDA reports
Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Skelaxin, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Astelin, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Withdrawal syndrome with Skelaxin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,010 people who have side effects when taking Skelaxin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
7,010 people reported to have side effects when taking Skelaxin.
Among them, 27 people (0.39%) have Withdrawal syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Skelaxin when people have Withdrawal syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Skelaxin *:
- female: 52 %
- male: 48 %
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Skelaxin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50.0 %
- 40-49: 4.55 %
- 50-59: 27.27 %
- 60+: 18.18 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (9 people, 33.33%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 29.63%)
- Nasal Septum Deviation (7 people, 25.93%)
- Joint Injury (7 people, 25.93%)
- Muscle Relaxant Therapy (5 people, 18.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (10 people, 37.04%)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (10 people, 37.04%)
- Diazepam (10 people, 37.04%)
- Astelin (10 people, 37.04%)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide (9 people, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (12 people, 44.44%)
- Tremor (11 people, 40.74%)
- Stress And Anxiety (11 people, 40.74%)
- Drowsiness (11 people, 40.74%)
- Diabetes (10 people, 37.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Skelaxin?
- Check symptoms - is withdrawal syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWithdrawal syndrome and drugs with ingredients of metaxalone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWithdrawal syndrome and Skelaxin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Skelaxin has active ingredients of metaxalone. It is often used in back pain - low. (latest outcomes from Skelaxin 7,861 users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, fibromyalgia, back pain (latest reports from 16,148 Withdrawal syndrome patients).
Browse all side effects of Skelaxina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Withdrawal syndromeWithdrawal syndrome
Could your condition cause Withdrawal syndromeWithdrawal syndrome
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm a female age 33, I'm a patient taking Suboxone. Now I go monthly to see my doctor and always have good urine tests. My doctor recently started me on Skelaxin for my back, added to my other medications; Vistaral, Lexapro and Suboxone. So this morning I took a Skelaxin before my appointment ...
User reviews to the study
Taken off cytomel 12.5 mcg after 15 years due to suppressed TSH. Have been on synthroid for over 20 years. Starting week 9 and have not been able to function for 3 weeks - lightheaded, brain fog, low energy, fatigue - how long will this last? My ESR level high.
I have searched everywhere for information on Levodopa withdrawal and have found absolutely nothing. I started taking l-dopa to help with Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) as I read that it helps your brain start to produce dopamine independently again but that info was WRONG!!! Now I've ...
Sent this to my Dr. Wonder if I am having problems with my meds. You talked about maybe Spirolectone could be causing problems on 3/5. I feel as though I could be dehydrated (did test on wrist skin). Know I have to be careful with electrolytes with no colon, J pouch. Wonder if they are off ...