Home > Sodium bicarbonate > Arthritis > Sodium bicarbonate and Arthritis
Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Arthritis?
Summary: Arthritis is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Rabeprazole sodium, and have Pain.
We study 6,054 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Arthritis >>>
Sodium bicarbonate (latest outcomes from 6,117 users) has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis.
Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) (latest reports from 56,649 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 6,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 38 people (0.63%) have Arthritis.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Arthritis * :
Gender of people who have Arthritis when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
Age of people who have Arthritis when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
Severity of Arthritis when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Arthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (29 people, 76.32%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 47.37%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 44.74%)
- Metastases to bone (17 people, 44.74%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 42.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Rabeprazole sodium (20 people, 52.63%)
- Nitroglycerin (20 people, 52.63%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 52.63%)
- Vitamin d (19 people, 50.00%)
- Prilosec (19 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthritis while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Arthritis
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can high dose aspirin cause joint pain like arthritis?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Arthritis, and takes Aspirin)
Told by Cardiologist to take 300mg aspirin daily and anti coagulant, both for about 1 year following insertion of stent, and because of 60% blockage on another unstented artery. Now getting joint pains like arthritis.
- Are any of you having problems with your legs and knees freezing and other symptoms of nerve damage?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue, Vertigo, Depression, and takes Ambien, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Omeprazole)
The only way my knees and legs get warm is when i stretch out in bed to go to sleep. Putting a heater in front of them does no good at all. alcohol works for a little while but then the freezing starts all over.
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Does vesicare aggravate existing arthritic conditions?
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has After Using Vesicarefor Few Days Existing, Controlled Arthritis Has Flared Significantly., Arthritis, and takes Vesicare)
I have taken a number of supplements for years. These seem to have helped relieve joint pain or have not had an effect on my arthritis. After three days on Vesicare, which is fantastic for its purpose, my two main sites of arthritis have flared. I can still use the joints but the pain seems to be in ...
- Does alever r eact with metoprolol r\tartrate
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Cardiovascular Disorder, HBP, High Blood Cholesterol, Arthritis, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Asa, Lipitor, Plavix, Vitamins, Amiloride Hydrochloride)
had open heart surgery with one bypass and one stent. I am scheduled for a right carotid cleaning.
More questions for: Sodium bicarbonate, Arthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Bilateral Trochanteric Bursitis, Scoliosis, Arthritis, and takes Celebrex)
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
More reviews for: Sodium bicarbonate, Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Vitamin D, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Vitamin D Decreased, Pelvic Discomfort, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Chronic Low Back, Low Thyroid. The patient has Degenerative Joint Disease, Scoliosis, Anal Stenosis, Arthritis
Comments: five weeks ago I received Botox injections for my chronic low back pain....now I can hardly stand up straight and walk...the chiropractor says that my pelvis is now severely tipped...this has just happened since the Botox injection s
- A study of drug interactions between Indian Tumeric, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Mobic, Humira, Methotrexate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Arthritis
Comments: I am in menopause and no longer experience hot flashes. I have very low heat tolerance and often am feeling uncomfortably hot. I awake every night around 4:00 am and am drenched in sweat even tho I sleep under 2 fans in addition to AC. It takes some time to get cooled off enough to fall back to slee ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Celebrex, Oxycodone Hydrochloride And Ibuprofen, Sodium Bicarbonate for a patient with Low Blood Pressure, Arthritis Bacterial, Low Back Pain, Atonic Urinary Bladder. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: 1 year after cancer of the bladder required a neo bladder operation, I was diagnosed with high eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Since the bladder op I have been taking 1.6g of Sodium Bicarbonate per day as a urinary alkalinizer. Is it possible that the sodium bicarbonate is causing the higher eye p ...
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Dry Mouth, Dry Eye Syndrome, Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints)
Comments: Had arthritis in knees prior to being on topamax. Was treated with injections a couple of years ago. It has been under control. Now I hurt in my hands wrists, feet, ankles, and knees. I have a severe dry condition diagnosed for the past 5 years before ever being on topamax. Dry mouth seems to hav ...
More related studies for: Sodium bicarbonate, Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.