Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Arthritis?
Summary: Arthritis is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Rabeprazole sodium, and have Pain.
We study 6,058 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Arthritis >>>
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis. (latest outcomes from 6,121 Sodium bicarbonate users)
Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 59,120 Arthritis patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 6,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 38 people (0.63%) have Arthritis.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Arthritis * :
Gender of people who have Arthritis when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
Age of people who have Arthritis when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
Severity of Arthritis when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Arthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (29 people, 76.32%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 47.37%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 44.74%)
- Metastases to bone (17 people, 44.74%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 42.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Rabeprazole sodium (20 people, 52.63%)
- Nitroglycerin (20 people, 52.63%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 52.63%)
- Vitamin d (19 people, 50.00%)
- Prilosec (19 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sodium bicarbonate and arthritis on
Do you have Arthritis while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Arthritis
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a 50-year old woman with Stop Smoking. The patient has Arthritis
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a 55-year old man with Ventricular Extrasystoles. The patient has Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container for a 91-year old man with Potassium - High. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 32-year old man with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Eyelid Inflammation, Arthritis, Psoriasis Aggravated, Skin Burning Sensation
Recent Sodium bicarbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Microgestin Fe 1/20, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 31-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate for a 34-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of L-Limonene, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 54-year old woman who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.