Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Bladder perforation?
Summary: Bladder perforation is reported only by a few people who take Sodium bicarbonate.
We study 6,058 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Bladder perforation. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder perforation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Bladder perforation >>>
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis. (latest outcomes from 6,121 Sodium bicarbonate users)
Bladder perforation (bladder trauma) has been reported by people with bladder cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, nausea, pain. (latest reports from 152 Bladder perforation patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 6,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 3 people (0.05%) have Bladder Perforation.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Bladder perforation * :
Gender of people who have Bladder perforation when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Bladder perforation||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Bladder perforation when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Bladder perforation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Bladder perforation when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Bladder perforation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 100.00%)
- Nausea (3 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (3 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acyclovir (3 people, 100.00%)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (3 people, 100.00%)
- Paroxetine hcl (3 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 100.00%)
- Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sodium bicarbonate and bladder perforation on
Do you have Bladder Perforation while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Bladder Perforation
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Bladder Perforation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container for a 91-year old man with Potassium - High. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Bicarbonate, Albuterol, Beetroot, Caffeine, Vyvanse for a 40-year old man with Acidosis, Asthma, Vasodilatation, Energy Increased, Add. The patient has Tremor, Diarrhea, Nausea, Heart Rate
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Flagyl, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cellcept, Plasma-lyte R In Plastic Container, Prednisone for a 24-year old woman with Leg Pain, Vaginal Infection, Upset Stomach, Skin Lesion, Brain Lesion That Caused Right Lower Periipheal Vision Pathway To Be Blocked. The patient has Platelet Production Decreased, Pericardial Effusion, Chronic Kidney Failure, Pulmonary Embolism
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, B Complex Vitamin, Selenium Sulfide, Magnesium Sulfate, Folic Acid, Natural DHEA, Baby Aspirin, Armour Thyroid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Klor-con M20 for a 38-year old woman with Sarcoidosis, Vitamin B6 Deficiency, Selenium Deficiency, Magnesium Deficiency, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Aat Deficiency, Polycythaemia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Renal Tubular Acidosis, Kidney Disease. The patient has Flank Pain, Chest Wall Pain, Fatigue, Diarrhoea
Recent Sodium bicarbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Microgestin Fe 1/20, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 31-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate for a 34-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of L-Limonene, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 54-year old woman who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.