Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Kidney stones?
Summary: Kidney stones is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Citalopram hydrobromide, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 6,058 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Kidney stones. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney stones and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Kidney stones >>>
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis. (latest outcomes from 6,121 Sodium bicarbonate users)
Kidney stones has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 14,361 Kidney stones patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 6,057 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 15 people (0.25%) have Kidney Stones.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Kidney stones * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney stones||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Kidney stones||76.47%||23.53% |
Age of people who have Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Kidney stones||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27%||54.55% |
Severity of Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Kidney stones ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (5 people, 33.33%)
- Headache (5 people, 33.33%)
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram hydrobromide (7 people, 46.67%)
- Gabapentin (5 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin b-12 (5 people, 33.33%)
- Celexa (5 people, 33.33%)
- Nabumetone (5 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sodium bicarbonate and kidney stones on
Do you have Kidney Stones while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Kidney Stones
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Kidney Stones
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Protriptyline Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Complicated Migraine. The patient has Kidney Stones
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container for a 91-year old man with Potassium - High. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Bicarbonate, Albuterol, Beetroot, Caffeine, Vyvanse for a 40-year old man with Acidosis, Asthma, Vasodilatation, Energy Increased, Add. The patient has Tremor, Diarrhea, Nausea, Heart Rate
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Orphenadrine Citrate, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Indapamide, Effexor Xr, Inderal La, Tramadol, Suboxone, Flomax, Gabapentin for a 30-year old man with Apnea - Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Back Injury, Anxiety Disorder, Kidney Stones, Fibromyalgia, Migraine, Fibromyalgia Syndrome. The patient has Nerve Pain, Migraine, Kidney Stones, Anxiety Disorder, Confusion, Back Pain
Recent Sodium bicarbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Microgestin Fe 1/20, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 31-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate for a 34-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of L-Limonene, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 54-year old woman who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.