Home > Sodium bicarbonate > Kidney stones > Sodium bicarbonate and Kidney stones
Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Kidney stones?
We study 6,054 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Kidney stones. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney stones and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Kidney stones >>>
Sodium bicarbonate (latest outcomes from 6,116 users) has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis.
Kidney stones (latest reports from 106,482 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 6,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 15 people (0.25%) have Kidney Stones.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Kidney stones * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney stones||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Kidney stones||76.47%||23.53% |
Age of people who have Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Kidney stones||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27%||54.55% |
Severity of Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Kidney stones ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (5 people, 33.33%)
- Headache (5 people, 33.33%)
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram hydrobromide (7 people, 46.67%)
- Gabapentin (5 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin b-12 (5 people, 33.33%)
- Celexa (5 people, 33.33%)
- Nabumetone (5 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Stones while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Kidney Stones
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Kidney Stones
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Sodium bicarbonate, Kidney stones
More reviews for: Sodium bicarbonate, Kidney stones
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Sodium bicarbonate, Kidney stones
Recent Sodium bicarbonate related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Sodium bicarbonate, Kidney stones
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (54 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (56 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Viola Odorata
- Feng Xian Hua
- Essential Tremor