Home > Sodium bicarbonate > Kidney stones > Sodium bicarbonate and Kidney stones
Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Kidney stones?
Summary: Kidney stones is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Citalopram hydrobromide, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 6,054 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Kidney stones. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney stones and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Kidney stones >>>
Sodium bicarbonate (latest outcomes from 6,117 users) has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis.
Kidney stones (latest reports from 106,532 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 6,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 15 people (0.25%) have Kidney Stones.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Kidney stones * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney stones||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Kidney stones||76.47%||23.53% |
Age of people who have Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Kidney stones||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27%||54.55% |
Severity of Kidney stones when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Kidney stones ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (5 people, 33.33%)
- Headache (5 people, 33.33%)
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram hydrobromide (7 people, 46.67%)
- Gabapentin (5 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin b-12 (5 people, 33.33%)
- Celexa (5 people, 33.33%)
- Nabumetone (5 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Stones while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Kidney Stones
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Kidney Stones
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is glutathione and l carnitine safe to use when you have mitrwl valve prolapse and kidney stones?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Prolapse, Kidney Stones, and takes Fluoxetine, Clonazepam)
I am 47 and in dire need of an effective weight loss supplement.Desperate to get a sound advice please.thank you!
- Does metformin cause kidney stones or kidney problems?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Stones - Kidney, Kidney Infection, Kidney Damage, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin)
I am trying to find out if others that are or have taken metformin have experienced any kidney problems. Such as kidney stones, kidney infection or kidney damage in general. I personally have never had a kidney stone in my life until I started metformin. Please respond so we can get more warnings ou ...
- Hydrochlorothiazide for tendency for kidney stones
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Kidney Stones, and takes Xanax, Valium)
I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with hydrochlorothiazide for kidney stones. I have had two episodes of stones getting stuck in my ureter and had to have an operation to remove them. The whole process was very painful, long and drawn out. I am looking for ALTERNATIVES to taking this ...
- I have blood sugar but also have kidney stones is there any connection
(Asked by a 83 year old man who has Kidney Stones, and takes Nexium)
I have kidney stones had xray and was told they just are below the kidney in the track ti the bladder but since I have a elevated blood sugar is there any connection between the tow
- Does anyone take remicade for crohn's disease and have problems with kidney stones?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Crohn's Related Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Kidney Stones Composed Of Silica, Crohn's Disease, Kidney Stones, and takes Remicade, Clonidine, Phenergan, Procardia Xl, Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lortab)
I have had kidney stones since I was in high school and was diagnosed with crohn's disease 3 years ago. I am having trouble with my treatments. The remicade leaves me so exhausted that it usually takes a good two days to recover. I have been on remicade since September 2010 and now receive double ...
More questions for: Sodium bicarbonate, Kidney stones
More reviews for: Sodium bicarbonate, Kidney stones
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Celebrex, Oxycodone Hydrochloride And Ibuprofen, Sodium Bicarbonate for a patient with Low Blood Pressure, Arthritis Bacterial, Low Back Pain, Atonic Urinary Bladder. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: 1 year after cancer of the bladder required a neo bladder operation, I was diagnosed with high eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Since the bladder op I have been taking 1.6g of Sodium Bicarbonate per day as a urinary alkalinizer. Is it possible that the sodium bicarbonate is causing the higher eye p ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Patient had a large kidneystone in (r)kidney for 10 years that was too large to dissolve but it didn't move. Suddenly after checking for reasons for back to back uti,s, 2 more stones have appeared and function is down to 12%. has Lisinopril had anything to do with the kidney dysfunction or the quick ...
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Nerve Damage - Diabetic. The patient has Potassium - Low (low potassium), High Blood Pressure, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Skin Tags (little flaps of tissue that adheres to parts of your neck, underarms, eyelids, groin folds, or under breasts), Growing Pains (child sometimes wake up crying in the middle of the night complaining of throbbing leg pain), Kidney Stones, Stretch Marks, Moon Face (a large chin and large forehead), Weight Gain Poor
Comments: I started taking Lyrica back in 2008, and started having Cushing-like symptoms the same year, but my doctors at the va thought it was related to a nodule that was found on the left adrenal gland around the same time. I have been bounced from specialist to specialist for years, and my labs come back ...
- A study of side effects of Mobic for a patient with Arthritis. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Had a Kidney stint, Put in place, till removal of kidney stone, then had stint replaced, to prevent swelling from blocking urine path. Kidney stone was Lodge in Kidney somewhat hard to remove. Urologist told me not to continue taking Mobic after the surgery.
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cisplatin, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Neulasta, Neupogen for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Neulasta was used after a 4-day course of VD-PACE (velcade, dexamethasone, doxorubicin, cisplatin, cytoxan, etoposide) to regenerate white blood cells. On day 5 after neulasta I had intense lower back pain in pulsating waves that lasted for 1 day. It was day 8 after treatment VD-PACE ended
4 we ...
More related studies for: Sodium bicarbonate, Kidney stones
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased and Remicade
- Swollen Tongue and Crestor
- Night Sweats and Prozac
- Morphine and Schizophrenia
- Does anyone have really bad burning sensation and extreme fatigue when jessners reapears?
when my jessners flares up I have an extreme burning sensa ... (1 hour ago)
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles acciden ... (3 hours ago)
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (4 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (19 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (24 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Crestor for a 48-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol (3 minutes ago)
- Crestor, Zopiclone, Ventolin, Atrovent Hfa, Escitalopram, Symbicort, Vitamin D, Celebrex for a 53-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Chronic Insomnia, Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Depression, COPD, Breast Cancer Her2+, Degenerative Joint Disease (25 minutes ago)
- Compare Atacand and Diovan for a 63-year old man (2 hours ago)