Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Pain.
We study 6,054 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis. (latest outcomes from Sodium bicarbonate 6,117 users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression.(view latest reports from 20,096 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 6,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 53 people (0.88%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Liver function test abnormal||67.92%||32.08% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Liver function test abnormal||3.70%||11.11%||1.85%||0.00%||9.26%||5.56%||20.37%||48.15% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 20.75%)
- Sepsis (8 people, 15.09%)
- Sedation (8 people, 15.09%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (7 people, 13.21%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (7 people, 13.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (23 people, 43.40%)
- Omeprazole (19 people, 35.85%)
- Potassium chloride (16 people, 30.19%)
- Heparin (16 people, 30.19%)
- Sodium bicarbonate in plastic container (15 people, 28.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
More questions for: Sodium bicarbonate, Liver function test abnormal
More reviews for: Sodium bicarbonate, Liver function test abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Celebrex, Oxycodone Hydrochloride And Ibuprofen, Sodium Bicarbonate for a patient with Low Blood Pressure, Arthritis Bacterial, Low Back Pain, Atonic Urinary Bladder. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: 1 year after cancer of the bladder required a neo bladder operation, I was diagnosed with high eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Since the bladder op I have been taking 1.6g of Sodium Bicarbonate per day as a urinary alkalinizer. Is it possible that the sodium bicarbonate is causing the higher eye p ...
- A study of side effects of Sodium Bicarbonate for a patient with Chemical Cystitis. The patient has Restlessness (not able to rest)
Comments: I have tied bi carb to treat chemical sensitivities orally and in a bath with same side effect of restless legs. I have also tried bi carb in homemade toothpaste with the same effect. In all these situations a plastic container was not used.
- A study of side effects of Lipitor for a patient with Nexium. The patient has Liver Function Test
Comments: I have recently had a bout of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Diarrhea and vomiting went away after 36 hrs. but nausea and extreme tiredness remained. It felt weird, like no sickness I had ever had before. After 4 days I went to the Insta Care. They took a blood test which showed low levels of pot ...
- A study of drug interactions between Skelaxin, Aleve for a patient with Hip Pain. The patient has Liver Function Test Abnormal, Liver Function Test Abnormal
Comments: Hip joint and soft tissue pain after a fall. Skelaxin 800 mg worked well enough for soft tissue (3 weeks 3x day) and hip pain after a fall. Aleve really worked well (4-5 weeks) Priot to that taking Motrin (one basic dose 3 x day for one month). But now returning liver function test "a bit high" (no ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tegretol-xr, Zoloft, Premarin, Ziac for a patient with Trigeminal Neuralgia, Depression, Menopausal Symptoms Prophylaxis, Hypertension. The patient has Liver Function Test Abnormal
Comments: While Tegretol controls the Trigeminal Neauralgia, my liver enzymes are elevated since I've been taking it. I need to know if there is any drug that would work for me that would not hurt my liver. I do not drink alcohol or take Tylenol.
More related studies for: Sodium bicarbonate, Liver function test abnormal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.