Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Pain.
We study 6,058 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis. (latest outcomes from 6,121 Sodium bicarbonate users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,149 Liver function test abnormal patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 6,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 53 people (0.87%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Liver function test abnormal||67.92%||32.08% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Liver function test abnormal||3.70%||11.11%||1.85%||0.00%||9.26%||5.56%||20.37%||48.15% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 20.75%)
- Sepsis (8 people, 15.09%)
- Sedation (8 people, 15.09%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (7 people, 13.21%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (7 people, 13.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (23 people, 43.40%)
- Omeprazole (19 people, 35.85%)
- Potassium chloride (16 people, 30.19%)
- Heparin (16 people, 30.19%)
- Sodium bicarbonate in plastic container (15 people, 28.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sodium bicarbonate and liver function test abnormal on
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container for a 91-year old man with Potassium - High. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Bicarbonate, Albuterol, Beetroot, Caffeine, Vyvanse for a 40-year old man with Acidosis, Asthma, Vasodilatation, Energy Increased, Add. The patient has Tremor, Diarrhea, Nausea, Heart Rate
- A study of side effects of Folic Acid for a 37-year old man with Haemochromatosis. The patient has Bilirubin Conjugated Increased, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Flagyl, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cellcept, Plasma-lyte R In Plastic Container, Prednisone for a 24-year old woman with Leg Pain, Vaginal Infection, Upset Stomach, Skin Lesion, Brain Lesion That Caused Right Lower Periipheal Vision Pathway To Be Blocked. The patient has Platelet Production Decreased, Pericardial Effusion, Chronic Kidney Failure, Pulmonary Embolism
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, B Complex Vitamin, Selenium Sulfide, Magnesium Sulfate, Folic Acid, Natural DHEA, Baby Aspirin, Armour Thyroid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Klor-con M20 for a 38-year old woman with Sarcoidosis, Vitamin B6 Deficiency, Selenium Deficiency, Magnesium Deficiency, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Aat Deficiency, Polycythaemia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Renal Tubular Acidosis, Kidney Disease. The patient has Flank Pain, Chest Wall Pain, Fatigue, Diarrhoea
Recent Sodium bicarbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Microgestin Fe 1/20, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 31-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate for a 34-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of L-Limonene, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 54-year old woman who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.