Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 6,058 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 531 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis. (latest outcomes from 6,121 Sodium bicarbonate users)
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Lower blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 6,057 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 531 people (8.77%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||73.53%||26.47%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Lower blood pressure||42.96%||57.04% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Lower blood pressure||5.57%||1.65%||4.54%||4.95%||8.04%||8.45%||14.64%||52.16% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (60 people, 11.30%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 8.66%)
- Prophylaxis (26 people, 4.90%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 4.33%)
- Peritoneal dialysis (18 people, 3.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (158 people, 29.76%)
- Lasix (142 people, 26.74%)
- Potassium chloride (123 people, 23.16%)
- Heparin sodium injection (120 people, 22.60%)
- Furosemide (116 people, 21.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zopiclone for a 69-year old man with Sleeplessness. The patient has Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Certirizine Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Ortho Tri-cyclen, Fluoxetine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Nuvigil for a 31-year old woman with Anemia, Allergy, Acid Reflux, Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Narcolepsy. The patient has Paleness, Clammy Skin, Dizziness, Nausea, Hypotension
Recent Sodium bicarbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Microgestin Fe 1/20, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 31-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate for a 34-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of L-Limonene, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 54-year old woman who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.