Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Pain.
We study 6,058 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Muscle pain >>>
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis. (latest outcomes from 6,121 Sodium bicarbonate users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,537 Muscle pain patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 6,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 72 people (1.19%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Muscle pain||35.06%||64.94% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||6.58%||6.58%||15.79%||13.16%||17.11%||40.79% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (13 people, 18.06%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 12.50%)
- Nausea (6 people, 8.33%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma recurrent (6 people, 8.33%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (6 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (25 people, 34.72%)
- Prednisone (22 people, 30.56%)
- Sodium bicarbonate in plastic container (18 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 23.61%)
- Allopurinol (16 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 59-year old man with Total Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Pain
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 52-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Red Face, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Sertraline for a 21-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Heavy Legs, Loss Of Control Of Legs, Loss Of Appetite, Belly Ache, Slow Heart Beat, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Dry Mouth, Headache, Light Sensitivity, Sensitivity To The Cold, Neck Pain, Weakness, Tremor, Swallowing Difficulty, Muscle Aches, Shaking Palsy, Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Bicarbonate, Tramadol for a 69-year old woman with Indigestion, Pain - Back.
- A study of side effects of Zocor for a 55-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Myalgia
Recent Sodium bicarbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Microgestin Fe 1/20, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 31-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate for a 34-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of L-Limonene, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 54-year old woman who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.