Home > Sodium bicarbonate > Muscle pain > Sodium bicarbonate and Muscle pain
Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Pain.
We study 6,054 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Muscle pain >>>
Sodium bicarbonate (latest outcomes from 6,117 users) has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 506,520 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 6,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 72 people (1.19%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Muscle pain||35.06%||64.94% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||6.58%||6.58%||15.79%||13.16%||17.11%||40.79% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (13 people, 18.06%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 12.50%)
- Nausea (6 people, 8.33%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma recurrent (6 people, 8.33%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (6 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (25 people, 34.72%)
- Prednisone (22 people, 30.56%)
- Sodium bicarbonate in plastic container (18 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 23.61%)
- Allopurinol (16 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- People with statin drug damage
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Nerve Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Muscle Pain, and takes Simvastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor)
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do o ...
- Should i take robaxin if i'm allergic to penicillin
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, and takes Robaxin)
I was prescribed Robaxin for muscle pain. But I'm allergic to Penicillin and I want to make sure I would not have any side effects.
- After 5 months after taking prolia i am having muscle pain is that normal
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, and takes Prolia)
I had no problems after taking prolia but now it is time to get another shot and I have muscle pain and some joint pain I was wondering if this is normal.
- Irregular bleeding/ spotting
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Bleeding Between Periods, Fatigue, Pain - Muscles, and takes Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, Ascorbic Acid; Biotin; Cyanocobalamin; Dexpanthenol; Ergocalciferol; Folic Acid; Niacinamide; Pyridoxine Hydrochloride; Riboflavin Phosphate Sodium; Thiamine Hydrochloride; Vitamin A; Vitamin E, Calcium)
I got irregular bleeding more than 4 days already, and my bith control still have about 2 weeks until the cycle. It very light/ spotting period, only when i am urinating. Also lately i experience fatigue, muscle joint pain. Easy to get tired and no energy even though i sleep 8 hours at night. Also a ...
More questions for: Sodium bicarbonate, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
More reviews for: Sodium bicarbonate, Muscle pain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a patient with Neck Pain. The patient has Pain - Muscles (muscle pain)
Comments: I have lupus so had very bad neck and shoulder pain which vanished on naproxen. When I stopped taking it, I got severe muscle pain in my upper arms
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Comments: upper arm muscle pain, and left finger pain
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Januvia, Metformin, Gabapentin, Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fenofibrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Depression, High Blood Sugar, Nerve Pain, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Aches, Thinking - Unclear, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Back Disorder, Pain Threshold Decreased, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Depression
Comments: very tired most of day , daily functions being limited , type 2 diabetic ,hashimoto's , degenerative disc problem in back..
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Comments: Pain is due to muscle tension after about a month on Tompamax. All body muscles seem to tense up and it's hard for me to relax them. Legs, back, arms, stomach and lately its in my face and jaw and cheeks. It makes me tired. I'm taking magnesium to try and combat the pain.
More related studies for: Sodium bicarbonate, Muscle pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.