Home > Sodium bicarbonate > Water retention > Sodium bicarbonate and Water retention
Review: could Sodium bicarbonate cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Sodium bicarbonate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Pancreatic carcinoma recurrent.
We study 6,054 people who have side effects while taking Sodium bicarbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Water retention >>>
Sodium bicarbonate (latest outcomes from 6,117 users) has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is often used in metabolic acidosis.
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 17,802 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 6,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Among them, 24 people (0.40%) have Water Retention.
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Water retention||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Sodium bicarbonate * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||34.62%||15.38%||46.15% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Sodium bicarbonate ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pancreatic carcinoma recurrent (6 people, 25.00%)
- Nausea (6 people, 25.00%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (6 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (3 people, 12.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (10 people, 41.67%)
- Nifedipine (8 people, 33.33%)
- Lorazepam (7 people, 29.17%)
- Lasix (7 people, 29.17%)
- Zolpidem (6 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Sodium Bicarbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Sodium bicarbonate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Sodium bicarbonate, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
More reviews for: Sodium bicarbonate, Water retention
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Celebrex, Oxycodone Hydrochloride And Ibuprofen, Sodium Bicarbonate for a patient with Low Blood Pressure, Arthritis Bacterial, Low Back Pain, Atonic Urinary Bladder. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: 1 year after cancer of the bladder required a neo bladder operation, I was diagnosed with high eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Since the bladder op I have been taking 1.6g of Sodium Bicarbonate per day as a urinary alkalinizer. Is it possible that the sodium bicarbonate is causing the higher eye p ...
- A study of drug interactions between H.p. Acthar Gel, Methotrexate for a patient with Ra. The patient has Infusion Site Discomfort, Shortness Of Breath, No Urge To Urinate Just Leaks Out, Urinary Incontinence, Asthmatic Crisis, Abdominal Distention, Fluid Retention
Comments: My diafram. Feels like its pushing on my lungs but they are clear to doctors check up.
Diagnosed with fatty liver disease during this time due to bloodwork and echo on heart then abdominal ultrasound
Does ra attack liver or is it causing infect ion on an organ white blood cell couny in all thr ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I have been taking simavastin for approximately 20 + years. I have recently been diagnosed with hypertension and I am on a diuret. I have leg swelling that started before the diagnoses of hypertension. I would like to know if the statin I am on can be the cause.
More related studies for: Sodium bicarbonate, Water retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.