Review: could Sodium chloride cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Sodium chloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Iron overload.
We study 177 people who have side effects while taking Sodium chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sodium chloride and have Renal failure >>>
Sodium chloride has active ingredients of sodium chloride. It is often used in hyponatremia. (latest outcomes from Sodium chloride 194 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Renal failure 72,089 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 177 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium chloride. Among them, 7 people (3.95%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Sodium chloride when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Sodium chloride * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Sodium chloride ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Iron overload (2 people, 28.57%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Blood glucose increased (1 people, 14.29%)
- Cardiac failure (1 people, 14.29%)
- Wheezing (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (4 people, 57.14%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 42.86%)
- Coreg (3 people, 42.86%)
- Ascorbic acid (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Sodium Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sodium chloride and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Sodium chloride
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Sodium chloride, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sleep returned to normal. His kidneys also recovered, and he regained the ability to control urination. About a year after that, he was arrested for downloading child pornography, and I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not suggesting that Effexor caused him to become a pedophile, but it has been noted to produce personality changes in some users. It would be hard to ascertain whether any or all of these side effects resulted from the drug, but I would NEVER take it or allow anyone I cared about to do so. He had never exhibited any such symptoms before taking it, and I feel it ruined his life on many levels.
More reviews for: Sodium chloride, Renal failure
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2008. Recently elevated blood pressure which is why clonidine was added. HCTZ recently dropped from her drug regimen. She was diagnosed with low sodium levels after going to ER for high blood pressure. Her dementia symptoms, confusion, and disorientation have incr ...
- I have been started again on a regiment of topiramate and keppra for migraine headaches and it is working very well. The biggest side effect is blood sugars too high both fasting and non-fasting. I am not a diabetic, I have not dumped huge amounts of weight and I am not urinating a lot. I do have ...
- I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
- My husband was given all these drugs, some two or three times each, within 25 total hours . He went to the hospital for pnemonia.. which was wrong not the case... he was in no way an emergency situation untill over zealous doctors over medicated him and he died.
- I took this drug for a brief time in the second grade. Very soon I started having headaches, water retention, etc. I was taken to the hospital and was in there a week recovering from near kidney failure. Starting in my teen years to the present time I have trouble achieving and maintaining a erectio ...
More related studies for: Sodium chloride, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.