Home > Solu-medrol > A-fib > Solu-medrol and A-fib
Review: could Solu-medrol cause A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: A-fib is found among people who take Solu-medrol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 14,753 people who have side effects while taking Solu-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 329 have A-fib. Find out below who they are, when they have A-fib and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have A-fib >>>
Solu-medrol (latest outcomes from 14,806 users) has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. It is often used in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) (latest reports from 382,143 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 14,752 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-medrol. Among them, 329 people (2.23%) have A-fib.
Time on Solu-medrol when people have A-fib * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Solu-medrol * :
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Solu-medrol * :
Severity of A-fib when taking Solu-medrol ** :
How people recovered from A-fib ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (30 people, 9.12%)
- Neoplasm malignant (13 people, 3.95%)
- Breast cancer (12 people, 3.65%)
- Bone loss (12 people, 3.65%)
- Nausea (12 people, 3.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (112 people, 34.04%)
- Lasix (92 people, 27.96%)
- Digoxin (84 people, 25.53%)
- Coumadin (80 people, 24.32%)
- Levaquin (74 people, 22.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib while taking Solu-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have A-fib
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol
- support group for people who have A-fib
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter)
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related?
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
More questions for: Solu-medrol, A-fib
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has A-fib)
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Levitra)
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Solu-medrol, A-fib
- A study of drug interactions between Poison Tobacco, Cannabis for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Atrial fibrillation trigger by panic attack recently after smoking a medium-moderate amount of cannabis mixed with tobacco
No A-fib after use has been discontinued
No panic attacks after use discontinued
- A study of side effects of Solu-medrol for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Painful Stools (a feeling of constantly needing to pass stools, despite an empty colon), Pain In Extremity
Comments: When solu-medrol was injected into my upper arm it was extremely painful and spasms occupied instantly which were also painful. The only thing that lessened the pain was when I rubbed the site with pressure.
- A study of side effects of Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
Comments: After 30 years on brand Lipitor without incident, I tried atorvastatin (generic) 3 weeks ago and began to notice a slight heart flutter. Last week, I experienced an hour of intense heart palpitations and ended up in the emergency room. The cardiologist at the hospital increased my metropolol to tw ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, Warfarin Sodium, Simvastatin, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Hyperthyroidism, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Levothyroxine commenced first. Bisoprolol and simvastatin commenced when apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy diagnosed. Lisinopril commenced at that time also, but removed within 6 mths. Warfarin commenced at first episode of atrial fibrillation. Cardio version carried out and repeated further 2 tim ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cinnamon, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Niacin, CoQ10, Aspirin, Lamotrigine, Risperidone, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Digoxin for a patient with Heart, Despression, Atrial Fibrillation, Help Heart, Bipolar 1, Depression, Blood Cholesterol Increased, High Blood Pressure, A-fib. The patient has Bipolar 1, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)like symptoms to include:
--specks of light
--snow & rain affect
--trails following objects in motion
--halos or auras
--illusions of motion in a static environment
--distortions in dimension
--heightened awareness of motion.
Occurs in dark o ...
More related studies for: Solu-medrol, A-fib
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hair Loss and Metoprolol Tartrate
- Back Injury
- Vaginal Pain
- Cough and Lipitor
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal ... (2 hours ago)
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
hi I have been taking Benadryl or pet dander? It seemed to ... (2 hours ago)
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (14 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (19 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Meloxicam for a 52-year old woman who has Back Injury (14 minutes ago)
- Potassium Chloride, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Altace, Metoprolol Tartrate, Effexor, Zetia for a 55-year old man who has Blood Potassium Abnormal, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Magnesium Deficiency, Blood Pressure Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Sertraline and Quetiapine Fumarate for a 72-year old woman (17 minutes ago)