Review: could Solu-medrol cause Brain injury (Head injury)?
Summary: Brain injury is found among people who take Solu-medrol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Prednisone, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 14,753 people who have side effects while taking Solu-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Brain injury. Find out below who they are, when they have Brain injury and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have Brain injury >>>
Solu-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. It is often used in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Solu-medrol 14,806 users)
Brain Injury has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression.(latest reports from Brain Injury 38,295 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 14,753 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-medrol. Among them, 122 people (0.83%) have Brain Injury.
Time on Solu-medrol when people have Brain injury * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Brain injury||26.67%||0.00%||0.00%||73.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Brain injury when taking Solu-medrol * :
|Brain injury||69.57%||30.43% |
Age of people who have Brain injury when taking Solu-medrol * :
|Brain injury||0.00%||3.94%||0.00%||9.45%||4.72%||25.98%||21.26%||34.65% |
Severity of Brain injury when taking Solu-medrol ** :
How people recovered from Brain injury ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (41 people, 33.61%)
- Multiple myeloma (19 people, 15.57%)
- Anxiety (19 people, 15.57%)
- Pain in jaw (19 people, 15.57%)
- Pain (15 people, 12.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (44 people, 36.07%)
- Lasix (36 people, 29.51%)
- Nexium (35 people, 28.69%)
- Zofran (34 people, 27.87%)
- Protonix (33 people, 27.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Brain Injury while taking Solu-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have Brain Injury
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol
- support group for people who have Brain Injury
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Adding low dose [25 mg] of quetiapine fuarate to bupropion hcl sr 12 hr [150 mg], cymbalta [60 mg] & gabapentin [300 mg] for sleep aid.
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Sleep Disorder Therapy, Depression, Nerve Injury, Three Year Old Head Injury. Sever Head And Neck Pain. Low Dose Quetiapine Fumarate [25 Mg] Added As Sleep Aid. , Head Injury, and takes Gabapentin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Quetiapine Fumarate, Synthroid, Clonazepam, Pravastatin Sodium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam)
rear ended three years ago resulting in nerve damage in back head and back neck. Placed on 2 each 300mg 3 times a day w/o much success. Follow-up with PT and "trigger point" infections to relax nexk muscles which allowed for effective PT. Later receive more long term botax injections. Later prescri ...
More questions for: Solu-medrol, Brain injury
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
More reviews for: Solu-medrol, Brain injury
- A study of side effects of Solu-medrol for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Painful Stools (a feeling of constantly needing to pass stools, despite an empty colon), Pain In Extremity
Comments: When solu-medrol was injected into my upper arm it was extremely painful and spasms occupied instantly which were also painful. The only thing that lessened the pain was when I rubbed the site with pressure.
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a patient with Ventricular Tachycardia. The patient has Brain Injury
Comments: Taken be four 4 years of age prior to heart procedure to remove extra receptors from ventricles. Patient ended up needing to take special education classes and is currently incapable of living on own.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones, Paralysis, Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness, Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral, Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head, Fatigue - Chronic, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Cramps - Muscle, Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Dizziness, Restlessness, Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles
Comments: I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Solu-medrol, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pneumonia. The patient has Renal Failure
Comments: My kindeys worked before the week in the hospital in September 2012, thenafter a week of these drugs that gave be diabetes, needed heparin and insulin, my 24 hr urine spilled over 34,000 units and have been going downhill since. Hospitalized again in October in respiratory failure, BP out of contro ...
- A study of side effects of Solu-medrol for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Neuropathy (damage to nerves)
Comments: I received a solu-medrol injection in my left deltoid 2 years ago. Since the injection, I now have neuropathy at the injection site. I now take 200mg of Gabapentin (which I never took before the injection) t.i.d for the neuropathy and if I don't have the gabapentin, the pain comes back.
More related studies for: Solu-medrol, Brain injury
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.