Home > Solu-medrol > Drug withdrawal syndrome > Solu-medrol and Drug withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Solu-medrol cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Drug withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Solu-medrol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 14,753 people who have side effects while taking Solu-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Solu-medrol (latest outcomes from 14,806 users) has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. It is often used in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) (latest reports from 150,245 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 14,752 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-medrol. Among them, 28 people (0.19%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Solu-medrol when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Solu-medrol * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||96.55%||3.45% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Solu-medrol * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.79%||26.32%||57.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (21 people, 75.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 7.14%)
- Nausea (1 people, 3.57%)
- Dyspepsia (1 people, 3.57%)
- Depression (1 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (19 people, 67.86%)
- Albuterol (16 people, 57.14%)
- Prevacid (12 people, 42.86%)
- Ativan (12 people, 42.86%)
- Neurontin (12 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Solu-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
More questions for: Solu-medrol, Drug withdrawal syndrome
More reviews for: Solu-medrol, Drug withdrawal syndrome
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a patient with Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation), Short-term Memory Loss, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;), Violence-related Symptom, Theft, Sleep Disorder, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Carbohydrate Craving (a desire to have carbohydrate), Abnormal Loss Of Weight, Weight Above Normal
Comments: I had none of these symptoms before taking this medication. I was what was considered "Hyper" as a child but never even liked sweets before and now I crave candy bars and ice cream ect. It is now causing me to show signs of early diabetes. I often get confused and forget where I am going when I am d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Solu-medrol, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pneumonia. The patient has Renal Failure
Comments: My kindeys worked before the week in the hospital in September 2012, thenafter a week of these drugs that gave be diabetes, needed heparin and insulin, my 24 hr urine spilled over 34,000 units and have been going downhill since. Hospitalized again in October in respiratory failure, BP out of contro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Xanax, Zoloft, Remeron, Flector, Voltaren-xr, Vivelle, Protonix, Mobic, Dilaudid, Percocet, Norco, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flexeril, Phenergan, Neurontin, Solu-medrol, Depakote, Ultracet for a patient with Complicated Migraine, Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Low Back Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Gastric Bypass, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Muscle Spasms, Nausea. The patient has Ultracet, Solu-medrol
Comments: I was in a car accident in 2000. My lower back was trashed, and had to be reconstructed basically. I have fusions and titanium, all of this as causd many other health problems to arise over the last 10 years. But, I live a pretty normal life, most people don't even know there is anything wrong with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax Xr, Cymbalta, Lamictal for a patient with Panic Attacks, Depression, Agitation. The patient has Balance Problems, Double Vision, Drug Withdrawal Syndrome, Withdrawal Weakness - Xanax, Severe Derpession- Xanax Withdrawal, Anger- Cymbalta Overdose, Racing Thoughts- Cymbalta Dosage Too High, Long-term Memory Loss, Sleeping Problems- Xanax Withdrawal, Depersonalisation, Crying Spells- Xanax Withdrawals, Drug Addiction
Comments: I have been on xanax for 3 years off and on. I was first put on the drug due to my panic attacks years ago. Yes, it was the only thing that helped at the time but let me tell you i wish i never was prescribed this evil drug. I started having strange sympotms almost a year and a half ago. Balance pro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Vicodin, Ortho Tri-cyclen 28, Vitamin C for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Pain Management, Birth Control. The patient has Tachycardia, Chest Pain, Anxiety, Hypertension, Drug Withdrawal Syndrome, Palpitations, Ophthalmoplegic Migraine
Comments: Given savella for fibromyalgia. It worked for a few months until I became suicidal and it didnt help my pain at all anymore. Taking Vicodin 5/500 2x a day for over a year to quell the severe nerve pain so I can function. Had ophthalmoplegic migraine, face was numb, as was L arm and leg, couldnt see ...
More related studies for: Solu-medrol, Drug withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (7 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (20 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (1 hour ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (3 hours ago)