Review: could Solu-medrol cause Ear infection (Otitis)?
Summary: Ear infection is found among people who take Solu-medrol, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Ritalin, and have Optic nerve injury.
We study 14,753 people who have side effects while taking Solu-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Ear infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Ear infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have Ear infection >>>
Solu-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. It is often used in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Solu-medrol 14,806 users)
Ear infection (ear infection) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, psoriasis, depression.(latest reports from Ear infection 7,075 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 14,753 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-medrol. Among them, 13 people (0.09%) have Ear Infection.
Time on Solu-medrol when people have Ear infection * :
Gender of people who have Ear infection when taking Solu-medrol * :
|Ear infection||30.77%||69.23% |
Age of people who have Ear infection when taking Solu-medrol * :
|Ear infection||0.00%||30.77%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||46.15%||7.69% |
Severity of Ear infection when taking Solu-medrol ** :
How people recovered from Ear infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Optic nerve injury (2 people, 15.38%)
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 15.38%)
- Otitis externa (1 people, 7.69%)
- Streptococcal infection (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ritalin (5 people, 38.46%)
- Albuterol sulfate (5 people, 38.46%)
- Proventil (5 people, 38.46%)
- Augmentin '125' (4 people, 30.77%)
- Dextrostat (4 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ear Infection while taking Solu-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol and have Ear Infection
- support group for people who take Solu-medrol
- support group for people who have Ear Infection
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Ear Infection, Fluid In Middle Ear, Decreased Hearing, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Headache - Cluster, Nausea, and takes Amoxicillin)
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antib ...
- I have recurring episodes of ear infections, ulcers in my nose and 'humming' in my eyes.
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ear Infection, Increased Intra Ocular Pressure?, Ulcers Inside Nose)
All three conditions occur together and repeat every few weeks. I have had the symptoms treated individually with ointment for my nasal cavity and ear drops. Because the symptoms recur I" am concerned that maybe it's viral. This has been going on for a couple of years and I'm sick of it. My eyes ...
- My mother is 86yrs old and prescribed with nifedipine 30mg once a day and
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Infection - Ear, Gout, Hypertension - Essential, and takes Nifedipine, Amoxicillin)
She just got tooth infection and also has essential hypertension
More questions for: Solu-medrol, Ear infection
More reviews for: Solu-medrol, Ear infection
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate, Protonix, Lisinopril for a patient with Joint Swelling, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: Pain moves between hips, knees and ankles and can move from one side to the other
- A study of side effects of Solu-medrol for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Painful Stools (a feeling of constantly needing to pass stools, despite an empty colon), Pain In Extremity
Comments: When solu-medrol was injected into my upper arm it was extremely painful and spasms occupied instantly which were also painful. The only thing that lessened the pain was when I rubbed the site with pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Cipro, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Keppra, Solu-medrol, Baclofen, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Norco for a patient with Bacterial Infection, Grand Mal Seizure, Inflammation, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Muscle Spasticity, Pain. The patient has Walking Disability, Muscle Contracture, Diaphragm Muscle Weakness
Comments: would like to restart tysabri and amprya to increase muscle/nerve activity in legs and to walk.
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Tranexamic Acid for a patient with Bipolar 2, Menstrual Disorder. The patient has Ear Infection
Comments: Every month I take these tablets to slow bleeding, and after a year I finally realized that every time I get an ear infection.
The infection is a very smelly clear liquid, always in the left ear. Getting harder to clear.
More related studies for: Solu-medrol, Ear infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.