Solu-medrol and Ear infection - from FDA reports
Ear infection is found among people who take Solu-medrol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Ear infection with Solu-medrol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,133 people who have side effects when taking Solu-medrol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
21,133 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-medrol.
Among them, 28 people (0.13%) have Ear infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Solu-medrol when people have Ear infection *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ear infection when taking Solu-medrol *:
- female: 55.56 %
- male: 44.44 %
Age of people who have Ear infection when taking Solu-medrol *:
- 0-1: 3.85 %
- 2-9: 23.08 %
- 10-19: 7.69 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.85 %
- 40-49: 11.54 %
- 50-59: 30.77 %
- 60+: 19.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (5 people, 17.86%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (2 people, 7.14%)
- Optic Nerve Injury (2 people, 7.14%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (itp) (2 people, 7.14%)
- Evans Syndrome (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Rituxan (6 people, 21.43%)
- Benadryl (6 people, 21.43%)
- Rocephin (5 people, 17.86%)
- Proventil (5 people, 17.86%)
- Albuterol Sulfate (5 people, 17.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (6 people, 21.43%)
- Sinusitis (5 people, 17.86%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 17.86%)
- Pneumonia Pseudomonal (4 people, 14.29%)
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Ear infection when taking Solu-medrol?
- Check symptoms - is ear infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEar infection and drugs with ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEar infection and Solu-medrol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Solu-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Solu-medrol 21,272 users)
Ear infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, crohn's disease (latest reports from 14,206 Ear infection patients).
Browse all side effects of Solu-medrola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Ear infectionEar infection
Could your condition cause Ear infectionEar infection
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Took 1000mg of Solu-Medrol for 3 days, Has been 9 days since i've finished them. I have been having trouble having trouble reaching orgasm, and my sex drive is almost non exsistant. Has anyone else had this problem?
User reviews to the study
I developed ear sores a week ago. Went to the doc in the box as one ear would not stop bleeding. He told me that I had a ruptured ear drum. I told my Onc today about the issue and she said there is no way Afinitor caused the problem. I knew she was wrong. Came back to work and googled it ...
I have been getting 1000mg of Solumedrol infusion for the last 2 months, I am now taking 1000mg bi weekly, Have had side spread itching for last 4 weeks. I am taking an antihistamine at nite for the last 3 days and it seems to be helping a lot.
Just had second round of Solu-Medrol and Velcade weekly protocol. Was dx in 1999. Am prepping for second transplant end of August. I relapsed after going off Revlimid due to cost. Got 15 years out of first ASCT with maintenance,Thal mainly