Solu-medrol and Hypertension - from FDA reports
Hypertension is found among people who take Solu-medrol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Hypertension with Solu-medrol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,133 people who have side effects when taking Solu-medrol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
21,133 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-medrol.
Among them, 1,112 people (5.26%) have Hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Solu-medrol when people have Hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 85.91 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.36 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.18 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.36 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.73 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.45 %
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Solu-medrol *:
- female: 64.58 %
- male: 35.42 %
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Solu-medrol *:
- 0-1: 0.42 %
- 2-9: 5.54 %
- 10-19: 4.28 %
- 20-29: 5.64 %
- 30-39: 11.39 %
- 40-49: 16.72 %
- 50-59: 19.33 %
- 60+: 36.68 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (132 people, 11.87%)
- Pain (68 people, 6.12%)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse (31 people, 2.79%)
- Multiple Myeloma (30 people, 2.70%)
- Preventive Health Care (29 people, 2.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benadryl (167 people, 15.02%)
- Tylenol (161 people, 14.48%)
- Lasix (151 people, 13.58%)
- Prednisone (147 people, 13.22%)
- Rituxan (135 people, 12.14%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (217 people, 19.51%)
- Fatigue (209 people, 18.79%)
- Pain (205 people, 18.44%)
- Nausea (204 people, 18.35%)
- Fever (187 people, 16.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypertension when taking Solu-medrol?
Solu-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Solu-medrol 20,793 users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 525,640 Hypertension patients).