Review: could Soma cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Soma, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 8,624 people who have side effects while taking Soma from FDA and social media. Among them, 222 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Soma and have Heart palpitations >>>
Soma has active ingredients of carisoprodol. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 9,572 Soma users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart palpitations patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 8,622 people reported to have side effects when taking Soma. Among them, 222 people (2.57%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Soma when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Soma * :
|Heart palpitations||66.09%||33.91% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Soma * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.26%||15.57%||25.00%||36.79%||10.38% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Soma ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (48 people, 21.62%)
- Anxiety (32 people, 14.41%)
- Back pain (28 people, 12.61%)
- Bipolar disorder (20 people, 9.01%)
- Sleep disorder (15 people, 6.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (53 people, 23.87%)
- Neurontin (52 people, 23.42%)
- Xanax (49 people, 22.07%)
- Prozac (46 people, 20.72%)
- Vioxx (45 people, 20.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of soma and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Soma?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Soma and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Soma
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Soma related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Soma, Meloxicam for a 63-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Soma, Zanaflex for a 66-year old man who has Low Back Pain
- Comparions of Sensorcaine, Soma for a 50-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Fioricet, Metoprolol Tartrate, Soma, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Soma, Ambien, Skelaxin, Celexa, Strattera for a 52-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.