Review: could Sotalol hydrochloride cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Sotalol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 1,932 people who have side effects while taking Sotalol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sotalol hydrochloride and have Diarrhea >>>
Sotalol hydrochloride has active ingredients of sotalol hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 2,181 Sotalol hydrochloride users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 1,932 people reported to have side effects when taking Sotalol hydrochloride. Among them, 36 people (1.86%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Sotalol hydrochloride when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Sotalol hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Sotalol hydrochloride * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Sotalol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (8 people, 22.22%)
- Colorectal cancer (3 people, 8.33%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (3 people, 8.33%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 8.33%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (9 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 22.22%)
- Warfarin sodium (6 people, 16.67%)
- Potassium chloride (5 people, 13.89%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 13.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Sotalol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sotalol hydrochloride and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Sotalol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Recent Sotalol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.