Review: could Spiriva cause Confusional state?
Summary: Confusional state is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 50,012 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 485 have Confusional state. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusional state and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Spiriva and have Confusional state >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from 50,495 Spiriva users)
Confusional state has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 55,759 Confusional state patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 50,012 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 485 people (0.97%) have Confusional State.
Time on Spiriva when people have Confusional state * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Confusional state||56.82%||18.18%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Confusional state when taking Spiriva * :
|Confusional state||55.79%||44.21% |
Age of people who have Confusional state when taking Spiriva * :
|Confusional state||0.99%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.25%||4.93%||15.52%||78.33% |
Severity of Confusional state when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Confusional state||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Confusional state ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Confusional state||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (86 people, 17.73%)
- Pain (70 people, 14.43%)
- Depression (46 people, 9.48%)
- Sleep disorder (35 people, 7.22%)
- Multiple myeloma (30 people, 6.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (130 people, 26.80%)
- Albuterol (109 people, 22.47%)
- Nexium (81 people, 16.70%)
- Ambien (79 people, 16.29%)
- Furosemide (76 people, 15.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusional State while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Confusional State
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Confusional State
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Spiriva for a 72-year old woman with Emphysema. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Singulair, Spiriva, Norvasc, Symbicort, Bystolic, Klonopin for a 67-year old woman with Excitability, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blurred Vision, Dizziness Aggravated, Anxiety, Weight Loss - Intentional, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Spiriva for a 67-year old man with COPD. The patient has Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin D, Calcium, Rapaflo, Fenofibrate, Meloxicam, Nexium, Crestor, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old man with Coronary Artery Disease, Vitamin D Decreased, Calcium Deficiency, Bph, Osteoarthritis, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol, Copd. The patient has Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Recent Spiriva related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Spiriva, Symbicort for a 64-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Theophylline, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 64-year old man who has Flatulence
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.