Review: could Spiriva cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 50,012 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 739 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Spiriva and have Insomnia >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from 50,495 Spiriva users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 143,951 Insomnia patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 50,012 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 740 people (1.48%) have Insomnia.
Time on Spiriva when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Spiriva * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Spiriva * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (273 people, 36.89%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (125 people, 16.89%)
- Hypertension (71 people, 9.59%)
- Depression (68 people, 9.19%)
- Asthma (66 people, 8.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (192 people, 25.95%)
- Chantix (159 people, 21.49%)
- Aspirin (122 people, 16.49%)
- Lipitor (108 people, 14.59%)
- Nexium (108 people, 14.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of spiriva and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 55-year old man with Hip Pain. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Recent Spiriva related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Spiriva, Symbicort for a 64-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Theophylline, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 64-year old man who has Flatulence
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.