Review: could Spiriva cause Insomnia concerns (Insomnia)?
Summary: Insomnia concerns is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 50,012 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 739 have Insomnia concerns. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia concerns and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spiriva and have Insomnia concerns >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from 50,493 Spiriva users)
Insomnia concerns (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 131,451 Insomnia concerns patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 50,004 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 739 people (1.48%) have Insomnia Concerns.
Time on Spiriva when people have Insomnia concerns * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Insomnia concerns||60.32%||28.57%||3.17%||0.00%||7.94%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Spiriva * :
|Insomnia concerns||64.63%||35.37% |
Age of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Spiriva * :
|Insomnia concerns||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.32%||10.69%||19.57%||68.42% |
Severity of Insomnia concerns when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Insomnia concerns||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Insomnia concerns ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (273 people, 36.94%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (125 people, 16.91%)
- Hypertension (71 people, 9.61%)
- Depression (68 people, 9.20%)
- Asthma (66 people, 8.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (192 people, 25.98%)
- Chantix (159 people, 21.52%)
- Aspirin (122 people, 16.51%)
- Lipitor (108 people, 14.61%)
- Nexium (108 people, 14.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia Concerns while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Insomnia Concerns
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Insomnia Concerns
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Spiriva for a 72-year old woman with Emphysema. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Effexor for a 43-year old woman with Weight Control, Anxiety. The patient has Sleep Issues, Tension Headaches, Skin Blushing/flushing, Itchy Spot On Face
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 55-year old man with Depression. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Anxiety, Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Singulair, Spiriva, Norvasc, Symbicort, Bystolic, Klonopin for a 67-year old woman with Excitability, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blurred Vision, Dizziness Aggravated, Anxiety, Weight Loss - Intentional, Itching
Recent Spiriva related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Spiriva, Symbicort for a 64-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Theophylline, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 64-year old man who has Flatulence
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.