Spiriva and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness - from FDA reports
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This review analyzes which people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness with Spiriva. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 97,353 people who have side effects when taking Spiriva from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 06, 2017
97,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva.
Among them, 2,527 people (2.6%) have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Spiriva when people have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 45.16 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.87 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.39 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.39 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.1 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.52 %
- 10+ years: 2.58 %
Gender of people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness when taking Spiriva *:
- female: 59.88 %
- male: 40.12 %
Age of people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness when taking Spiriva *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.1 %
- 20-29: 0.26 %
- 30-39: 1.25 %
- 40-49: 3.97 %
- 50-59: 15.36 %
- 60+: 79.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (789 people, 31.22%)
- High Blood Pressure (300 people, 11.87%)
- Asthma (255 people, 10.09%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (190 people, 7.52%)
- Pain (168 people, 6.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Albuterol (342 people, 13.53%)
- Aspirin (331 people, 13.10%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (326 people, 12.90%)
- Symbicort (317 people, 12.54%)
- Lasix (314 people, 12.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (846 people, 33.48%)
- Fatigue (703 people, 27.82%)
- Dizziness (445 people, 17.61%)
- Nausea (410 people, 16.22%)
- Pain (388 people, 15.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Spiriva?
- Check symptoms - is lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 98,422 users)
Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 294,879 Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness patients).
Browse all side effects of Spirivaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Could your condition cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- High blood pressure and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Asthma and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- High blood cholesterol and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Pain and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
COPD recent diagnosis, Sleep Apnea - diagnosed about 8 yrs ago- use CPAP nightly, nasal allergies, recent back injury, 2 rotator cuff surgeries in the last 10 yrs, about 30 lbs. overweight, history of heart palpitations and arrithmias
I come from an obese family but maintained a healthy 135 LBs for over 70 years UNTIL I started taking Spiriva. I maintain between 1000 and 1200 cal. a day mostly fruit and veggies. have just tipped the scales at 160 after 11 months on Spiriva. any help out there?
You may be interested in these reviews
I only took Actonel for a only few months, several years ago, and quit when I noticed weakness in my legs. Sorry to report that I never regained strength, despite some some physical therapy and moderate exercise. I am an active woman in my mid-60s and the loss of leg strength has made my life ...
My general weakness and especially weakness in my legs and neuropathy is unbearable. I won't take stations and would like to keep with a baby aspirin day and drop the 75 mg Plavix. Anyone else with similar Plavix problems? Thanks.
have been using Triumeq since May 2016 and recently noticed weakness in right leg while walking, a little tingling. weakness in right hand also. Joint pain in both hands but more at left hand which is too much in mornings.