Review: could Spiriva cause Leg cramps (Leg pain)?
Summary: Leg cramps is reported only by a few people who take Spiriva.
We study 49,983 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Leg cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spiriva and have Leg cramps >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 50,470 users)
Leg cramps has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Leg cramps 1,000 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 49,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Leg Cramps.
Time on Spiriva when people have Leg cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Leg cramps when taking Spiriva * :
|Leg cramps||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Leg cramps when taking Spiriva * :
|Leg cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Leg cramps when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg cramps||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Leg cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Copd (2 people, 66.67%)
- Gerd (1 people, 33.33%)
- Blood pressure fluctuation (1 people, 33.33%)
- Emphysema (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tension headaches (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (1 people, 33.33%)
- Toprol-xl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 33.33%)
- Nexium (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Leg Cramps while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Leg Cramps
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Leg Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Spiriva, Leg cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Leg pain especially near knees after taking lyrica
Had to stop taking Lyrica due to joint pain in both legs. Difficult to get up from sitting position to stand. Ache in knee's can't relax to sleep. Motrin and vicodin not helping with pain. Also have applied muscle cream not working for pain. Have been off the lyrica for 3 months with no let up in pain. Did not have this pain before taking lyrica.
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 gr)
- Leg cramps pain from blood pressure drugs & statin drugs
Had leg pain, cramps, itching rash lower legs & knees for three years!!! Stopped all drugs & been on losartan for two months.. Leg cramps pain have not stopped but not as bad. I was passing out from pain of legs when walking 1/2 block to my car when taking Lisinopril. That drug is horrible! What blood pressure drug can I take that the side effects are not leg pain/ cramps????? I have been crippled with not being able to use my legs since I started taking blood pressure or statin drugs for three years! Help!
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but pain levels come back up.
Currently on 20mg daily. Still have pain in the morning & at night. Am worried about prednisone side effects.
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Spiriva, Leg cramps
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- Do either spiriva or symbicort cause diahria, urinary problems or loss of calcium in bones or teeth?
If so, how to prevent reaction.
If so, is it worth the trade off for an 84 year old to use these drugs?
- I have been on Vivitrol since 10/2012, on Lasix since 4/2013
My hip and leg pain is worsening and my daily life is effected by this pain. I walk differently d/t the pain, I can't exercise without pain. Is it due to the monthly Injections of Vivitrol that they alternate Right/Left in my back side. ...
- I was diagnosed with MND IN 2012. Changed to Functional Disorder in 2013. Changed to Tardive Dystonia in 2014.
None of these diagnoses fit. I have had 2 EMG's of which I obtained a copy of the results ad. The first one does indicate MND, but there was no further deterioration. Therefore it was ...
- perfect storm? all symptoms started after abortion, been on glaucoma medication for 15 years, cousin on the same meds was diagnosed with a rare form of endometriosis. All my symptoms say endometriosis is possible cause. I just want to know what is wrong with me.
More related studies for: Spiriva, Leg cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.