Review: could Spiriva cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Asthma.
We study 49,983 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spiriva and have Muscle cramps >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 50,470 users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Muscle cramps 10,796 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 49,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 23 people (0.05%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Spiriva when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||11.11%||44.44%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Spiriva * :
|Muscle cramps||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Spiriva * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||13.33%||73.33% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (4 people, 17.39%)
- Chronic obstructive airways disease (4 people, 17.39%)
- Copd (2 people, 8.70%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (2 people, 8.70%)
- Osteopenia (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (5 people, 21.74%)
- Serevent (3 people, 13.04%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 13.04%)
- Singulair (3 people, 13.04%)
- Calcitriol (2 people, 8.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm still having problems with hypoglycemia... if anyone know anything, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! :)
I know there can't just be a support group here for FERRETS!!! people are kind of important... I hate this song, but "Don't worry, BE HAPPY" is okay, I guess... I'm trying to force it upon myself. Things will get BETTER!!!
- Zit er in spiriva gluten?
My question is : Does Spiriva contains gluten? I would like to know that
- Can you loss large amounts of hair daily while taking spirit
I ALSO TAKE. COLONAPIN .CYMBALTA.TRAZADONE . NORCO .NEXIUM . HAD A VERY SERIOUS ULCER OPERATION 3MONTHS AGO.
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- Dr. switched me from advair and spiriva to tudorza. shouldn't i still stay with advair
Doc said drop Spiriva AND Advair and start exclusively on Tudorza.
Wouldn't staying with Advair in addition to Tudorza be helpful?
(Or would it decrease Tudorza's effectiveness?)
I'm just finishing a 3-month bout with lung Pseudomonas infection. I'm regaining my strength, but still breath much more poorly upon (even minimal) exertion than before the Pseuomonas.
Tudorza seems as equally effective as my Advair and Spiriva regimens did, but I still run out of breath much sooner than I did before the Pseudomonas hit.
Will I ever regain my prior abilities? Should I combine ADVAIR with TUDORZA?
More questions for: Spiriva, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 gr)
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different prescription when that one no longer helped, and finally a third prescription, which did not work either. The cramps continued to grow more severe and more frequent. I was also having extremely severe cramps in my left hand, to the point that I could not straighten my fingers for several excruciating minutes. Although the cramps in my calves had lessened significantly, my toes were starting to cramp severely.
I stopped taking allopurinol about a month ago, and since then I realized that my hands and toes were cramping less and less, and now it is almost completely gone. I inadvertently stopped the allopurinol and I lost the bottle of pills and didn't realize it until I went to refill my pill box that holds a month's supply divided into daily doses. I searched on the internet and found that muscle problems are not uncommon for some people taking allopurinol.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but pain levels come back up.
Currently on 20mg daily. Still have pain in the morning & at night. Am worried about prednisone side effects.
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Spiriva, Muscle cramps
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Do either spiriva or symbicort cause diahria, urinary problems or loss of calcium in bones or teeth?
If so, how to prevent reaction.
If so, is it worth the trade off for an 84 year old to use these drugs?
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- I think that I've just made the connection between muscle cramps in both feet, calf muscles, chest muscle, hands, upper arms and temples with starting on Symbicort a few months ago. Are there any alternative medications with the same effect on asthma related breathing problems.
- Chronic headaches and blurred vision have increased since starting steriods. Also cloudy head with a feeling of brain and body not connecting.
Falling asleep at computer desk.
Hot hads have only started in past week.
Diagnised with sarcoidosis in January.
More related studies for: Spiriva, Muscle cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.