Review: could Spiriva cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Asthma.
We study 50,015 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Spiriva and have Muscle cramps >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from 50,500 Spiriva users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,830 Muscle cramps patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 50,015 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 23 people (0.05%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Spiriva when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||11.11%||44.44%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Spiriva * :
|Muscle cramps||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Spiriva * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||13.33%||73.33% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (4 people, 17.39%)
- Chronic obstructive airways disease (4 people, 17.39%)
- Copd (2 people, 8.70%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (2 people, 8.70%)
- Osteopenia (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (5 people, 21.74%)
- Serevent (3 people, 13.04%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 13.04%)
- Singulair (3 people, 13.04%)
- Calcitriol (2 people, 8.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of spiriva and muscle cramps on
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Spiriva for a 70-year old woman with COPD. The patient has Pruritus Ani
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 55-year old woman with Scleroderma. The patient has Muscle Cramps
Recent Spiriva related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Spiriva, Symbicort for a 64-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Theophylline, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 64-year old man who has Flatulence
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.