Review: could Spiriva cause Muscle fatigue (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle fatigue is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 50,012 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,372 have Muscle fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Spiriva and have Muscle fatigue >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from 50,495 Spiriva users)
Muscle fatigue (a condition in which muscles cannot exert their normal force) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 180,512 Muscle fatigue patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 50,012 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 1,373 people (2.75%) have Muscle Fatigue.
Time on Spiriva when people have Muscle fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle fatigue||44.96%||27.13%||10.85%||5.43%||7.75%||0.00%||3.88% |
Gender of people who have Muscle fatigue when taking Spiriva * :
|Muscle fatigue||56.05%||43.95% |
Age of people who have Muscle fatigue when taking Spiriva * :
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.09%||1.48%||3.30%||15.02%||80.12% |
Severity of Muscle fatigue when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Muscle fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (371 people, 27.02%)
- Hypertension (173 people, 12.60%)
- Osteoporosis (130 people, 9.47%)
- Emphysema (121 people, 8.81%)
- Asthma (120 people, 8.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (406 people, 29.57%)
- Albuterol (365 people, 26.58%)
- Lasix (227 people, 16.53%)
- Lisinopril (213 people, 15.51%)
- Prednisone (213 people, 15.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Fatigue while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Muscle Fatigue
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Muscle Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Albuterol Sulfate for a 37-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, CoQ10, Spiriva, Pravastatin Sodium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Valsartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 75-year old woman with Deficient In Vit. D In Blood Tests, Health, Asthma, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vytorin, Spiriva, Imdur for a 66-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Depression, Cholesterol, Copd, Angina. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Bumetanide, Ferrous Fumarate, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Fluid Retention, Anemia, Fibromyalgia, Autoimmune Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting, Acne Steroid-induced, Weakness, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Burning Sensation, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Exhaustion
Recent Spiriva related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Spiriva, Symbicort for a 64-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Theophylline, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 64-year old man who has Flatulence
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.