Home > Spiriva > Prostate cancer > Spiriva and Prostate cancer
Review: could Spiriva cause Prostate cancer?
Summary: Prostate cancer is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Duoneb, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 49,979 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Prostate cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Prostate cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spiriva and have Prostate cancer >>>
Spiriva (latest outcomes from 50,461 users) has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Prostate cancer (latest reports from 54,106 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, erection problems.
On Nov, 14, 2014: 49,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 105 people (0.21%) have Prostate Cancer.
Time on Spiriva when people have Prostate cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Prostate cancer||12.50%||12.50%||0.00%||12.50%||62.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Prostate cancer when taking Spiriva * :
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Prostate cancer when taking Spiriva * :
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.57%||91.43% |
Severity of Prostate cancer when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Prostate cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (46 people, 43.81%)
- Emphysema (29 people, 27.62%)
- Anxiety (19 people, 18.10%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 17.14%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (9 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Duoneb (19 people, 18.10%)
- Xanax (19 people, 18.10%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (16 people, 15.24%)
- Flomax (15 people, 14.29%)
- Albuterol (13 people, 12.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Prostate Cancer while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Prostate Cancer
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Prostate Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Zit er in spiriva gluten?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who takes Spiriva)
My question is : Does Spiriva contains gluten? I would like to know that
- Can you loss large amounts of hair daily while taking spirit
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has 6weeks Ago Started Spiriva Lossing Large Amounts Of Hair , Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spiriva )
I ALSO TAKE. COLONAPIN .CYMBALTA.TRAZADONE . NORCO .NEXIUM . HAD A VERY SERIOUS ULCER OPERATION 3MONTHS AGO.
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Cataract, and takes Spiriva)
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Enbrel)
already on enbrel, doing well do not want to stop, but diagnosed with prostate ca. Should I stop
- Dr. switched me from advair and spiriva to tudorza. shouldn't i still stay with advair
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath With Even Mild Exertion, Agent Orange From Vietnam Exposure--100% VA Disability., and takes Tudorza Pressair, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva)
Doc said drop Spiriva AND Advair and start exclusively on Tudorza.
Wouldn't staying with Advair in addition to Tudorza be helpful?
(Or would it decrease Tudorza's effectiveness?)
I'm just finishing a 3-month bout with lung Pseudomonas infection. I'm regaining my strength, but still breath ...
More questions for: Spiriva, Prostate cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Find 2 To 3 Grams Whilst Generally I Was Founfing 1 To, Imposibility To Control Diabetis Properly, and takes Spiriva, Lantus)
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Hypertension, Obesity, and takes Prednisone, Celebrex, Micardis, Spiriva, Moduretic 5-50, Effexor Xr)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Spiriva, Prostate cancer
Related drug studies for: Spiriva, Prostate cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Neck Pain and Insomnia
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (4 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (6 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (18 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (5 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (11 minutes ago)
- Fluconazole for a 50-year old woman who has Skin Candida (24 minutes ago)
- Prednisolone, Metformin, Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Ocusert Pilo-20, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Celebrex, Tramadol, Naproxen, Nifedipine, Butrans, Plaquenil, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Clonazepam for a 41-year old woman who has Immunosuppressant Drug Level, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Migraine With Aura, Pain And Sleep, Reflux Gastritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Anxiety, Pain, Reynauds, Graft Rejection, SLE, Myoclonus (28 minutes ago)