Review: could Spiriva cause Pruritus (Itching)?
Summary: Pruritus is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 50,015 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 621 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Spiriva and have Pruritus >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from 50,500 Spiriva users)
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 90,889 Pruritus patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 50,015 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 621 people (1.24%) have Pruritus.
Time on Spiriva when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Spiriva * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Spiriva * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (227 people, 36.55%)
- Hypertension (85 people, 13.69%)
- Emphysema (81 people, 13.04%)
- Asthma (79 people, 12.72%)
- Dyspnoea (38 people, 6.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (112 people, 18.04%)
- Albuterol (101 people, 16.26%)
- Singulair (75 people, 12.08%)
- Lasix (63 people, 10.14%)
- Xanax (62 people, 9.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of spiriva and pruritus on
Do you have Pruritus while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Spiriva related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Spiriva, Symbicort for a 64-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Theophylline, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 64-year old man who has Flatulence
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.