Spiriva and Pruritus - from FDA reports
Pruritus is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Symbicort, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Pruritus with Spiriva. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 100,153 people who have side effects when taking Spiriva from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 22, 2017
100,153 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva.
Among them, 1,208 people (1.21%) have Pruritus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Spiriva when people have Pruritus *:
- < 1 month: 49.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.61 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.56 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.1 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.64 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Spiriva *:
- female: 61.48 %
- male: 38.52 %
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Spiriva *:
- 0-1: 0.11 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.66 %
- 20-29: 0.88 %
- 30-39: 3.08 %
- 40-49: 6.05 %
- 50-59: 16.06 %
- 60+: 73.16 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (137 people, 11.34%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (81 people, 6.71%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (51 people, 4.22%)
- Pain (49 people, 4.06%)
- Stress And Anxiety (44 people, 3.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Symbicort (158 people, 13.08%)
- Singulair (157 people, 13.00%)
- Advair Hfa (127 people, 10.51%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (127 people, 10.51%)
- Albuterol (125 people, 10.35%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (384 people, 31.79%)
- Breathing Difficulty (242 people, 20.03%)
- Fatigue (150 people, 12.42%)
- Urticaria (126 people, 10.43%)
- Nausea (105 people, 8.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pruritus when taking Spiriva?
- Check symptoms - is pruritus caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPruritus and drugs with ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePruritus and Spiriva from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 101,241 users)
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 165,432 Pruritus patients).
Browse all side effects of Spirivaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PruritusPruritus
Could your condition cause PruritusPruritus
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.
My daughter is prescribed Decadron for treatment of leukemia. She has the most horriable side effects from this steroid the worst being a horriable itch that is somewhat tamed by Benadryl, or hydroxyzine. At first, our oncology team was surprised by this, but as I am reading around the internet ...