Review: could Spiriva cause Pulmonary congestion?
Summary: Pulmonary congestion is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 49,983 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 248 have Pulmonary congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Pulmonary congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spiriva and have Pulmonary congestion >>>
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 50,470 users)
Pulmonary congestion (congestion in the lungs) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, depression.(latest reports from Pulmonary congestion 8,336 patients)
On Dec, 11, 2014: 49,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 248 people (0.50%) have Pulmonary Congestion.
Time on Spiriva when people have Pulmonary congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pulmonary congestion||52.38%||19.05%||23.81%||0.00%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Pulmonary congestion when taking Spiriva * :
|Pulmonary congestion||66.79%||33.21% |
Age of people who have Pulmonary congestion when taking Spiriva * :
|Pulmonary congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.10%||8.79%||19.78%||70.33% |
Severity of Pulmonary congestion when taking Spiriva ** :
How people recovered from Pulmonary congestion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (101 people, 40.73%)
- Dyspnoea (25 people, 10.08%)
- Asthma (24 people, 9.68%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (24 people, 9.68%)
- Hypertension (22 people, 8.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (60 people, 24.19%)
- Albuterol (59 people, 23.79%)
- Singulair (54 people, 21.77%)
- Zometa (46 people, 18.55%)
- Synthroid (43 people, 17.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Congestion while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Pulmonary Congestion
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Pulmonary Congestion
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Zit er in spiriva gluten?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who takes Spiriva)
My question is : Does Spiriva contains gluten? I would like to know that
- Can you loss large amounts of hair daily while taking spirit
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has 6weeks Ago Started Spiriva Lossing Large Amounts Of Hair , Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spiriva )
I ALSO TAKE. COLONAPIN .CYMBALTA.TRAZADONE . NORCO .NEXIUM . HAD A VERY SERIOUS ULCER OPERATION 3MONTHS AGO.
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Cataract, and takes Spiriva)
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- Dr. switched me from advair and spiriva to tudorza. shouldn't i still stay with advair
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath With Even Mild Exertion, Agent Orange From Vietnam Exposure--100% VA Disability., and takes Tudorza Pressair, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva)
Doc said drop Spiriva AND Advair and start exclusively on Tudorza.
Wouldn't staying with Advair in addition to Tudorza be helpful?
(Or would it decrease Tudorza's effectiveness?)
I'm just finishing a 3-month bout with lung Pseudomonas infection. I'm regaining my strength, but still breath ...
- Do you have nausea every day
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Spiriva, Advair Diskus 100/50)
I was diagnosed with COPD 3 years ago. I quit smoking for a short while but picked it back up. I use a c-pap machine at night and every morning I wake up nauseated and it usually last through out the day. I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this.
More questions for: Spiriva, Pulmonary congestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Find 2 To 3 Grams Whilst Generally I Was Founfing 1 To, Imposibility To Control Diabetis Properly, and takes Spiriva, Lantus)
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Hypertension, Obesity, and takes Prednisone, Celebrex, Micardis, Spiriva, Moduretic 5-50, Effexor Xr)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Spiriva, Pulmonary congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Symbicort for a patient with COPD. The patient has
Comments: Do either spiriva or symbicort cause diahria, urinary problems or loss of calcium in bones or teeth?
If so, how to prevent reaction.
If so, is it worth the trade off for an 84 year old to use these drugs?
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Omeprazole, Ambien, Spiriva for a patient with Asthma, Gerd, Sleeplessness, Emphysema. The patient has Cough, Toes Numb But Tingly, Excruciating Bone Pain In Leg/hip/ankles
Comments: X rays did not show any joint problems.
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Fluticasone Propionate for a patient with COPD, Allergies. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
Comments: I have hereditary hemochromatosis and require a blood draw of 500ml bi-monthly to reduce my ferritin level. After starting the above medications, I have been having trouble with a low blood flow.
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Ventolin HFA, Budesonide, Imodium A-d, Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vyvanse, Lisinopril, Seroquel, Prozac, Lamictal, Wellbutrin SR for a patient with COPD, Asthma, Diarhea, Sleep, Thyroid, Add, High Blood Pressure, Depression And Sleep, Depression, Major Reoccuring Depression. The patient has
Comments: Alpha Liponic Acid....kidney failure < month
Critical Liver Support...Kidney failure < month
Charcoal Activated... Absorb impurities < month
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Proair Hfa, Symbicort, Spiriva for a patient with COPD. The patient has Abdomen - Swollen
Comments: Blood work tests are all normal, ultra sound for clotts was clear, MRI for groin area blockage also clean.
More related studies for: Spiriva, Pulmonary congestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.