Home > Spiriva > Renal failure > Spiriva and Renal failure
Review: could Spiriva cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We study 49,983 people who have side effects while taking Spiriva from FDA and social media. Among them, 431 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spiriva and have Renal failure >>>
Spiriva (latest outcomes from 50,465 users) has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 72,089 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 49,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva. Among them, 431 people (0.86%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Spiriva when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||0.00%||42.31%||15.38%||7.69%||3.85%||26.92%||3.85% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Spiriva * :
|Renal failure||46.22%||53.78% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Spiriva * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.83%||1.38%||4.41%||14.88%||78.51% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Spiriva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (83 people, 19.26%)
- Hypertension (51 people, 11.83%)
- Pain (34 people, 7.89%)
- Osteoporosis (27 people, 6.26%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (22 people, 5.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (113 people, 26.22%)
- Lasix (109 people, 25.29%)
- Albuterol (108 people, 25.06%)
- Digoxin (92 people, 21.35%)
- Furosemide (71 people, 16.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Spiriva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spiriva and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Spiriva
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Zit er in spiriva gluten?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who takes Spiriva)
My question is : Does Spiriva contains gluten? I would like to know that
- Can you loss large amounts of hair daily while taking spirit
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has 6weeks Ago Started Spiriva Lossing Large Amounts Of Hair , Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spiriva )
I ALSO TAKE. COLONAPIN .CYMBALTA.TRAZADONE . NORCO .NEXIUM . HAD A VERY SERIOUS ULCER OPERATION 3MONTHS AGO.
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Cataract, and takes Spiriva)
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- Dr. switched me from advair and spiriva to tudorza. shouldn't i still stay with advair
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath With Even Mild Exertion, Agent Orange From Vietnam Exposure--100% VA Disability., and takes Tudorza Pressair, Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva)
Doc said drop Spiriva AND Advair and start exclusively on Tudorza.
Wouldn't staying with Advair in addition to Tudorza be helpful?
(Or would it decrease Tudorza's effectiveness?)
I'm just finishing a 3-month bout with lung Pseudomonas infection. I'm regaining my strength, but still breath ...
More questions for: Spiriva, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Find 2 To 3 Grams Whilst Generally I Was Founfing 1 To, Imposibility To Control Diabetis Properly, and takes Spiriva, Lantus)
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Hypertension, Obesity, and takes Prednisone, Celebrex, Micardis, Spiriva, Moduretic 5-50, Effexor Xr)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Spiriva, Renal failure
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Symbicort for a patient with COPD. The patient has
Comments: Do either spiriva or symbicort cause diahria, urinary problems or loss of calcium in bones or teeth?
If so, how to prevent reaction.
If so, is it worth the trade off for an 84 year old to use these drugs?
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex, Xopenex, Symbicort, Spiriva, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amlodipine Besylate, Potassium, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Pantoprazole, Metformin for a patient with Ear Congestion, Rescue Inhaler, Copd, Biopsy Prostate, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Lung Water, Acid Reflux, Diabetes. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: Believe my problem is with Formoterol. Symptoms (breathlessness and being winded with minimal exertion) first noted three years ago after taking Foradil aerolizer (formoterol) and asmanex twisthaler for one to two years. Health, stamina gradually dimished to shortness of breath with minimal exert ...
- A study of side effects of Spiriva for a patient with COPD. The patient has Hyphema (collection of blood inside the front part of the eye)
Comments: I was diagnosed with a Hyphema in my right eye. The eye had not been traumatized or injured in any way before this condition occurred. The Ophthalmologist informed me this condition is usually cause by Trauma or injury to the eye. I had no such trauma or injury and the ocular pressure in both eyes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Warfarin Sodium, Paracetamol, Tamsulosin, Montelukast Sodium, Naturetin-5, Amvaz for a patient with COPD, Dvt, Arthritica, Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, Night Time Coughing, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Platelet Count
Comments: Following a DVT in my thigh I was treated with Warfarin and then put on Xarelto instead. After a short period I was told to stop Xarelto immediately and revert to Warfarin. I was then diagnosed as having essential thrombocythaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Ambien, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Prilosec, Robaxin-750, Vicoprofen for a patient with Post-operative Wound Infection, Radicular Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Acid Reflux, Muscle Spasms, Chronic Pain. The patient has Confusion, Renal Failure - Acute, Vomiting Post-operative
Comments: I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
More related studies for: Spiriva, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.