Home > Spironolactone > Breathing difficulty > Spironolactone and Breathing difficulty
Review: could Spironolactone cause Breathing difficulty?
Summary: Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Spironolactone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Hypertension.
We study 25,348 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,898 have Breathing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Breathing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Breathing difficulty >>>
Spironolactone (latest outcomes from 26,420 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Breathing difficulty (latest reports from 1,368,514 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 25,348 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone. Among them, 1,898 people (7.49%) have Breathing Difficulty.
Time on Spironolactone when people have Breathing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breathing difficulty||34.02%||5.15%||24.74%||9.28%||19.59%||7.22%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Spironolactone * :
|Breathing difficulty||0.67%||0.79%||0.91%||4.02%||4.15%||8.66%||19.45%||61.34% |
Severity of Breathing difficulty when taking Spironolactone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breathing difficulty||7.69%||38.46%||53.85%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breathing difficulty ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breathing difficulty||11.11%||22.22%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (174 people, 9.17%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (121 people, 6.38%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (94 people, 4.95%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (93 people, 4.90%)
- Pain (91 people, 4.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (641 people, 33.77%)
- Digoxin (530 people, 27.92%)
- Aspirin (517 people, 27.24%)
- Lasix (494 people, 26.03%)
- Lisinopril (303 people, 15.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breathing Difficulty while taking Spironolactone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Breathing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Spironolactone
- support group for people who have Breathing Difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does aldactone work on blonde facial hair
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Facial Hair , and takes Aldactone )
Blonde vellus facial hair after taking a hair tonic tablet by fusion and also removel of hair caused it to Grow longer and more
- I have been taking iophen cnr liquid for about 6 years now almost every day and now i'm wondering if it has any long term side effects cause im taking it for breathing problems doesnt seem to working
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Breathing Difficulty)
Ok so I've been taking this medicine for 5 to 6 years now almost every day several times a day for a terrible cough I have and breathing issue but under some further investigation I've found that this medication may be making my breathing issues worse when I was told that it would make them better. ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Breathing Difficulty, and takes Xeloda)
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Extreme Bone Pain From Drugs, and takes Lasix, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Coreg)
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
More questions for: Spironolactone, Breathing difficulty
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Abnormal orgasm after likely caused by taking spironolactone
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spironolactone)
I was taking Spironolactone to assist with hairloss for approx 7 years. Although the drug did help to stop hair falling out it also caused abnormal orgasm and after 12 months of not taking the drug I am still unable to climax normally. My doctor cannot give me a full explanation for this.
- Ovary pain disappeared
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Spironolactone)
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
- Breast enlargement and tenderness
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Chronic Kidney Failure, and takes Spironolactone)
starting taking spironolactone approximately one year ago to help with chronic kidney failure. Soon experienced enlargement of both breast and tenderness. Stopped taking the med and enlargement returned to normal but soreness continues. Some days are worse than others.
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
More reviews for: Spironolactone, Breathing difficulty
- A study of side effects of Isoptin Sr for a patient with Lower Blood Pressure. The patient has Breathing Difficulty
Comments: we tried 240mg then 180mg then 80mg then 40 amgnd 40mg seemed to be somewhat good
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Backaches And Stress. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have used oxycodone, methodone, Ibuprofen, tylenol and i have symptoms of back and stomache aches, headaches, weakness, and shortness of breath. I know i have luekopenia i was told by the Dr i seen at emergency.
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a patient with Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: Symptoms are sporadic. Bad for a few days...then nearly absent for a few days, then cycle repeats. When at my worst, have a watery nose and tingling in my extremities.
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Urine S.g., Breath Odor, Extreme Fatique, Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I get short of breath lately. I have a mitral valve condition. Is vyvanse making t his worse.
More related studies for: Spironolactone, Breathing difficulty
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.