Home > Spironolactone > Dry eye > Spironolactone and Dry eye
Review: could Spironolactone cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is found among people who take Spironolactone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 25,348 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone from FDA and social media. Among them, 66 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Dry eye >>>
Spironolactone (latest outcomes from 26,420 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 12,196 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 25,348 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone. Among them, 66 people (0.26%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Spironolactone when people have Dry eye * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Spironolactone * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||1.61%||1.61%||1.61%||14.52%||6.45%||74.19% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Spironolactone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 28.79%)
- Angina pectoris (12 people, 18.18%)
- Arrhythmia (12 people, 18.18%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 18.18%)
- Arthritis (12 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (33 people, 50.00%)
- Lisinopril (31 people, 46.97%)
- Zometa (31 people, 46.97%)
- Meclizine (23 people, 34.85%)
- Cephalexin (22 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Spironolactone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Spironolactone
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does aldactone work on blonde facial hair
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Facial Hair , and takes Aldactone )
Blonde vellus facial hair after taking a hair tonic tablet by fusion and also removel of hair caused it to Grow longer and more
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Extreme Bone Pain From Drugs, and takes Lasix, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Coreg)
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
- Anyone else develop facial swelling during clonazepam withdrawal and not recover from it several years later?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Excessive Hair Loss, Facial Swelling, and takes Clonazepam)
Weaned off of clonazepam 10 years ago. Body went into severe withdrawal: Hair loss/ thinning, swelling through T-zone portion of my face, excessively oily face and hair, stiff painful joints. Hair and face have never completely recovered although have days/weeks symptoms are milder, buy only wors ...
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has AVM - Cerebral, Hep C, and takes Extended Phenytoin Sodium, Keppra, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril, Spironolactone)
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
More questions for: Spironolactone, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Abnormal orgasm after likely caused by taking spironolactone
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spironolactone)
I was taking Spironolactone to assist with hairloss for approx 7 years. Although the drug did help to stop hair falling out it also caused abnormal orgasm and after 12 months of not taking the drug I am still unable to climax normally. My doctor cannot give me a full explanation for this.
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Ovary pain disappeared
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Spironolactone)
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
- Breast enlargement and tenderness
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Chronic Kidney Failure, and takes Spironolactone)
starting taking spironolactone approximately one year ago to help with chronic kidney failure. Soon experienced enlargement of both breast and tenderness. Stopped taking the med and enlargement returned to normal but soreness continues. Some days are worse than others.
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
More reviews for: Spironolactone, Dry eye
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I was on Zetia for about a year for high cholesterol. I couldn't take statin drugs. 6 months into taking Zetia I went to my eye doctor for a routine checkup. He found severe scarring of the cornea in both eyes. I did not relate it to medication at this time. I went to a cornea specialist and she is ...
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Aldactone, Lasix, Metformin, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Birth Control, Insomnia, Migraine, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Depression. The patient has Tremor
Comments: Hand tremors, voi e tremors, noint pain to hips and shoulders, worse on dominate side, severe, unable to feed with fork, have to eat finger foods and drink from a straw. I was taken off wellbutrin had withdraws after 4 days, started back and now have all symptoMs of Parkinson's. Any information is h ...
More related studies for: Spironolactone, Dry eye
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.