Home > Spironolactone > Eye pain > Spironolactone and Eye pain
Review: could Spironolactone cause Eye pain?
Summary: Eye pain is found among people who take Spironolactone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Hypertension.
We study 25,348 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Eye pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Eye pain >>>
Spironolactone (latest outcomes from 26,420 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Eye pain (latest reports from 76,091 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 25,348 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone. Among them, 75 people (0.30%) have Eye Pain.
Time on Spironolactone when people have Eye pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Eye pain when taking Spironolactone * :
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.12%||14.06%||18.75%||7.81%||56.25% |
Severity of Eye pain when taking Spironolactone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 17.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 10.67%)
- Pain (8 people, 10.67%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (8 people, 10.67%)
- Encephalitis (7 people, 9.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (16 people, 21.33%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 21.33%)
- Flonase (13 people, 17.33%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 12.00%)
- Topamax (9 people, 12.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eye Pain while taking Spironolactone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Eye Pain
- support group for people who take Spironolactone
- support group for people who have Eye Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does aldactone work on blonde facial hair
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Facial Hair , and takes Aldactone )
Blonde vellus facial hair after taking a hair tonic tablet by fusion and also removel of hair caused it to Grow longer and more
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Extreme Bone Pain From Drugs, and takes Lasix, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Coreg)
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has AVM - Cerebral, Hep C, and takes Extended Phenytoin Sodium, Keppra, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril, Spironolactone)
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Spironolactone from amneal pharmaceuticals adverse reactions
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Hyperandrogenemia, and takes Spironolactone)
Trend for reports of spironolactone adverse effects spiked in 2010 & 2011. Amneal Pharmaceuticals was approved by the FDA in 2010 to manufacture spironolactone. I think the Amneal version may be completely ineffective while also causing serious adverse effects. I'd been taking Mylan Pharm spirono ...
More questions for: Spironolactone, Eye pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Abnormal orgasm after likely caused by taking spironolactone
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spironolactone)
I was taking Spironolactone to assist with hairloss for approx 7 years. Although the drug did help to stop hair falling out it also caused abnormal orgasm and after 12 months of not taking the drug I am still unable to climax normally. My doctor cannot give me a full explanation for this.
- Ovary pain disappeared
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Spironolactone)
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
- Breast enlargement and tenderness
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Chronic Kidney Failure, and takes Spironolactone)
starting taking spironolactone approximately one year ago to help with chronic kidney failure. Soon experienced enlargement of both breast and tenderness. Stopped taking the med and enlargement returned to normal but soreness continues. Some days are worse than others.
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Spironolactone, Eye pain
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog, Pristiq, Ibuprofen, Dietary Fiber, Valium, Lidoderm, Voltaren, Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Aldactone, Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-100 for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression But I'm Afraid To Take It I'm Nervous Bc I'm Not Taking Any Antidepressants Right Now And Psychiatrist Is Hard To Get In Touch With., Inflammation, Constipation, Anxiety And Stress, Pain, Graves Disease Burnout, Depression And Anxiety And Panic Attacks, High Testosterone, High Blood Cholesterol, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Pain From 7 Herniations And Pinched Nerves. The patient has
Comments: Never a clot but newly prescribed medicine Pristiq and I have Factor V, Type 1 Diabetes, high cholesterol and use a fentanyl patch and these were all warnings on Pristiq. I take wellbutrin 300 and Zoloft and Prozac didn't work.
I see an endocrinologist, neurologist, family practice, pain manageme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Zyrtec, Synthroid, Allegra, Zantac, Prilosec, Aldactone, Zanaflex for a patient with Postnasal Drip, Hives, Thyroid Function Tests, Barrett's Esophagus, High Blood Pressure, Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Flushing Of Face And Neck With Hives
Comments: Flushing started Feb. 2013 with large hives. Face and neck become inflamed with burning pain, not itching. Had been on Celebrex several years ( also tried other NSAIDS including Ibuprofen, mobic and aspirin) For neck and joint pain as well as chronic plantar facitits. Episode seem less often withou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Spironolactone, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Facial Acne Caused By Mirena Iud, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pineal Gland Cyst, Vertigo-associated Disorders
Comments: On advice of a surgeon, not even my primary care doctor, I stopped taking the blood pressure meds 3 days ago and measuring my blood pressure. It appears I don't have high blood pressure at all. I was on Amlodipine - 10 mg, the highest dose at 90lbs and 45 years of age. I had a Mirena IUD which ca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Enalapril Maleate, Spironolactone, Aspirin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Dramamine, Temazepam, Byetta, Testim, Viagra, Adderall 30 for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Smoking Cessation Therapy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Allergic Sinusitis, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Anxiety, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Testosterone, Erectile Dysfunction, Attention Span. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Overall: Diabetes stays under 120, testosterone levels remain low for age (48, but testosterone levels of 90 year old man). Atypically small penis, testes often recede so that the scrotum is flat and tight. Bi-sexual with periodic gender issues (desire to be feminine). Married, two children and no f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Kaletra, Ziagen, Isentress, Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Spironolactone, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Gemfibrozil, Diazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Ambien for a patient with Hiv Infection Cdc Category B3, Hypertension, Hypokalemia, Hyperlipidemia, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Proteinuria, Chronic Kidney Disease, Oedema
Comments: Was told by nephrologist that I need a kidney biopsy to see if it is IGA nephrotoxiciity, which could be treated with immunosuppressant drugs. I declined biopsy since immunosuppression is not acceptable to me.
I read that Isentress can cause kidney failure in rare cases. I stopped Isentress 5 ...
More related studies for: Spironolactone, Eye pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.