Home > Spironolactone > Eye pain > Spironolactone and Eye pain
Review: could Spironolactone cause Eye pain?
We study 25,348 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Eye pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Eye pain >>>
Spironolactone (latest outcomes from 26,415 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Eye pain (latest reports from 76,060 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 25,348 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone. Among them, 75 people (0.30%) have Eye Pain.
Time on Spironolactone when people have Eye pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Eye pain when taking Spironolactone * :
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.12%||14.06%||18.75%||7.81%||56.25% |
Severity of Eye pain when taking Spironolactone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 17.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 10.67%)
- Pain (8 people, 10.67%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (8 people, 10.67%)
- Encephalitis (7 people, 9.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (16 people, 21.33%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 21.33%)
- Flonase (13 people, 17.33%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 12.00%)
- Topamax (9 people, 12.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eye Pain while taking Spironolactone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Eye Pain
- support group for people who take Spironolactone
- support group for people who have Eye Pain
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does aldactone work on blonde facial hair
Blonde vellus facial hair after taking a hair tonic tablet by fusion and also removel of hair caused it to Grow longer and more
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Spironolactone from amneal pharmaceuticals adverse reactions
Trend for reports of spironolactone adverse effects spiked in 2010 & 2011. Amneal Pharmaceuticals was approved by the FDA in 2010 to manufacture spironolactone. I think the Amneal version may be completely ineffective while also causing serious adverse effects. I'd been taking Mylan Pharm spirono ...
- Can i take aldactone if i have renal failure ?
I have heart failure,diabetes, chronicle sepsis, I took Aldactone with Furosemide....8 months ago was diagnosis RENAL FAILUR , protein 100 in urina...potassium level is N in my blood... may I take ALDACTONE now ??? ......Thank you.....Sincerely , Leo
- I have been treated with gleevec for 10 years for cml and have recently been diagnosed with enthesopathy. is there a correlation between the two?
I recently was diagnosed with Enthesopathy after an exam and xray.I began to experience sever pain in my left hip that was not related to an accident.
- Itching around anal area,no visible rash
I stopped taking spironolactone before surgery because I was told my potassium level was too high.since then I have obtained constant itching around outside and inside of buttocks there is no rash or anything visible but I feel maybe my potassium level is low and I should start taking spironolactone ...
- Can multi steriod injections for joint pain cause a persons blood pressure and pulse to drop?
My mother is 89 and has pain in her shoulder and knees. The ortho doctor gave each area an injection of steroids. Then 4 weeks later gave a second injection in the same shoulder. A few weeks later her pulse and blood pressure dropped. Could there be a connection?? Her pulse and blood pressure have d ...
- I believe spironolactone caused me to have temporal lobe seizures but my doctor says the results of the study are not significant enough. how do i figure this out?
I want to find out how to be sure that spironolactone caused temporal lobe seizures. For many years I have had these seizures--only recently diagnosed--and, since a reduction in spironolactone I have not had a seizure for a year.
More questions for: Spironolactone, Eye pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Abnormal orgasm after likely caused by taking spironolactone
I was taking Spironolactone to assist with hairloss for approx 7 years. Although the drug did help to stop hair falling out it also caused abnormal orgasm and after 12 months of not taking the drug I am still unable to climax normally. My doctor cannot give me a full explanation for this.
- Ovary pain disappeared
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
- Breast enlargement and tenderness
starting taking spironolactone approximately one year ago to help with chronic kidney failure. Soon experienced enlargement of both breast and tenderness. Stopped taking the med and enlargement returned to normal but soreness continues. Some days are worse than others.
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spiron ...
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Spironolactone, Eye pain
On eHealthMe, Spironolactone (spironolactone) is often used for acne. Find out below the conditions Spironolactone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Spironolactone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Spironolactone, Eye pain
Recent Spironolactone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Daytrana, Spironolactone for a 18-year old boy who has Menopause Transition
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate, Spironolactone for a 67-year old woman who has Hormone Level Abnormal
- Comparions of HCTZ, Spironolactone, Losartan Potassium, Avapro, Benicar for a 53-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Estradiol Valerate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Spironolactone, Hydroxyzine, Celexa for a 26-year old woman who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Metformin, Lexapro, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Toprol-xl for a 75-year old woman who has Heart Rate Increased
- Comparions of Propecia, Spironolactone for a 41-year old man who has Hair Loss
- Comparions of Aspirin, Spironolactone, Ramipril, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 60-year old man who has Left-sided Heart Failure
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Lexapro, Phentermine for a 42-year old woman who has Weight Loss
More related comparison studies for: Spironolactone, Eye pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt
- Vaginal Burning Sensation
- Ortho Novum 1/50 28