Home > Spironolactone > Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular > Spironolactone and Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular
Review: could Spironolactone cause Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular?
We study 25,348 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular >>>
Spironolactone (latest outcomes from 26,420 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular
Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular (long menstrual cycle with more bleeding) (latest reports from 442 patients) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular while taking Spironolactone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Spironolactone
- support group for people who have Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does aldactone work on blonde facial hair
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Facial Hair , and takes Aldactone )
Blonde vellus facial hair after taking a hair tonic tablet by fusion and also removel of hair caused it to Grow longer and more
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Extreme Bone Pain From Drugs, and takes Lasix, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Coreg)
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has AVM - Cerebral, Hep C, and takes Extended Phenytoin Sodium, Keppra, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril, Spironolactone)
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Spironolactone, Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Abnormal orgasm after likely caused by taking spironolactone
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spironolactone)
I was taking Spironolactone to assist with hairloss for approx 7 years. Although the drug did help to stop hair falling out it also caused abnormal orgasm and after 12 months of not taking the drug I am still unable to climax normally. My doctor cannot give me a full explanation for this.
- Kenalog injection nightmare!
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Weird Throat Blockage Within 2 Weeks, Large Dent In Injection Site, and takes Kenalog)
First weird symptom started with a mild sore throat that turned into swollen throat that felt like I had an obstructed airway.
Then about 2 weeks after that I had a period that lasted on and off extremely heavy for 3 weeks
Then I noticed a large indent on top of my right butt cheek
Shortly after ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menopause Transition, and takes Metformin)
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
- Ovary pain disappeared
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Spironolactone)
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
- Breast enlargement and tenderness
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Chronic Kidney Failure, and takes Spironolactone)
starting taking spironolactone approximately one year ago to help with chronic kidney failure. Soon experienced enlargement of both breast and tenderness. Stopped taking the med and enlargement returned to normal but soreness continues. Some days are worse than others.
More reviews for: Spironolactone, Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular
- A study of side effects of Aldactone for a patient with Potassium - Low. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Vomiting
Comments: very weak musles
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Crestor, Aldactone for a patient with Hypertension, High Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure
Comments: This regimine was instituted in August 2014 and I now have high blood calcium and the AGAP (Anion Gap) was high too.
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular (long menstrual cycle with more bleeding)
Comments: I stopped taking the Cozaar for a five days to experiment because my bp was running so low and the bleeding stopped ... I started it again yesterday and the bleeding started.
- A study of drug interactions between Lunesta, Geodon, Viibryd, Trimethoprim, Spironolactone, Vytorin, Aspirin, Calcium, Exemestane for a patient with Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Bipolar Disorder, Urinary Tract Infection, Hirsutism, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: monthly urinary tract infections
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron, Synthroid, Crestor, Lovaza, Spironolactone, Lasix, Glimepiride, Gabapentin, Oxycodone, Diazepam for a patient with Nausea, Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Kidney Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Nerve Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Pain - Back. The patient has Squamous Cell Skin Cancer, Skin Cancer - Basal Cell, Endometrial Cancer, Fatty Liver, Biliary Cirrhosis Secondary, Edema, Walking Disability, Weight Gain, Gout - Chronic, Arachnoiditis, Shortness Of Breath, Sweating Increased, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea
Comments: Have gained 40+ pounds in 8months! Very little movement causes Severe head & face sweating & shortness of breath. Face gets heated & red for no reason while at rest.
More related studies for: Spironolactone, Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.