Review: could Spironolactone cause Menstruation irregular?
Summary: Menstruation irregular is found among people who take Spironolactone, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Tequin, and have Acne.
We study 25,375 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Menstruation irregular. Find out below who they are, when they have Menstruation irregular and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Menstruation irregular >>>
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 26,449 Spironolactone users)
Menstruation irregular has been reported by people with post coital contraception, birth control, depression, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 14,601 Menstruation irregular patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 25,375 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone. Among them, 41 people (0.16%) have Menstruation Irregular.
Time on Spironolactone when people have Menstruation irregular * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Menstruation irregular||0.00%||37.50%||12.50%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Menstruation irregular when taking Spironolactone * :
|Menstruation irregular||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||59.09%||25.00%||6.82%||2.27%||6.82% |
Severity of Menstruation irregular when taking Spironolactone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Menstruation irregular||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Menstruation irregular ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Menstruation irregular||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (12 people, 29.27%)
- Contraception (7 people, 17.07%)
- Acne cystic (5 people, 12.20%)
- Polycystic ovaries (5 people, 12.20%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tequin (19 people, 46.34%)
- Coreg (19 people, 46.34%)
- Lipitor (19 people, 46.34%)
- Ramipril (19 people, 46.34%)
- Lasix (19 people, 46.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of spironolactone and menstruation irregular on
Do you have Menstruation Irregular while taking Spironolactone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Spironolactone and have Menstruation Irregular
- support group for people who take Spironolactone
- support group for people who have Menstruation Irregular
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone for a 66-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Leg Cramping
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Spironolactone, Coreg for a 71-year old woman with Cardiac Failure Congestive, Cardiac Failure. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Victoza, Spironolactone, Metformin for a 45-year old woman with Pcos. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Spironolactone, Metformin, Glycopyrrolate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Phenelzine Sulfate for a 45-year old woman with Migraine Without Aura, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression, High Blood Pressure, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Sweating, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Akathisia, Tinnitus Aggravated, Hypertonia
Recent Spironolactone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Goldenseal, Aldactone for a 60-year old woman who has Growth Hormone
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Aldactone, Losartan for a 38-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Spironolactone, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Comparions of Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.