Sprycel and Ascites - from FDA reports
Ascites is found among people who take Sprycel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Furosemide, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Ascites with Sprycel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,182 people who have side effects when taking Sprycel from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 23, 2017
12,182 people reported to have side effects when taking Sprycel.
Among them, 54 people (0.44%) have Ascites
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Sprycel when people have Ascites *:
- < 1 month: 24.24 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 27.27 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.06 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ascites when taking Sprycel *:
- female: 42.59 %
- male: 57.41 %
Age of people who have Ascites when taking Sprycel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 19.15 %
- 40-49: 10.64 %
- 50-59: 23.4 %
- 60+: 46.81 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (7 people, 12.96%)
- Preventive Health Care (6 people, 11.11%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 9.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 7.41%)
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (3 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (8 people, 14.81%)
- Furosemide (8 people, 14.81%)
- Ventolin (7 people, 12.96%)
- Symbicort (7 people, 12.96%)
- Maxipime (6 people, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pleural Effusion (38 people, 70.37%)
- Thrombocytopenia (14 people, 25.93%)
- Generalised Oedema (12 people, 22.22%)
- Hepatomegaly (11 people, 20.37%)
- Anaemia (11 people, 20.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ascites when taking Sprycel?
Sprycel has active ingredients of dasatinib. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from Sprycel 11,761 users)
Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, high blood pressure, hepatic neoplasm malignant, preventive health care, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 24,262 Ascites patients).